80% of taxi drivers stayed home because of a strike in NYC, causing long lines and general grumpiness in an already grumpy city. [New York Times]
More From Consumerist
- How Do Uber and Lyft Work And Why Should I Even Care?
- Los Angeles Mulling Idea Of Uber-Like App To Make Taxi Industry More Competitive
- Germany Bans Uber’s Ride-Sharing Service, Threatens $328,225 Fine Per Ride
- When Is Taking A Yellow Cab Cheaper Than Using Uber?
- NYC Cabbie’s License Suspended After Video Appears To Show Him Pulling Pregnant Passenger From His Car