Gerber Legendary Blades Pocket Knives (laceration), M&J Engineering Swivels for Scuba Diving Masks (drowning)

Comments

1. Gerber Legendary Blades Pocket Knives (laceration)
    Baby food and weaponry?

M&J Engineering Swivels for Scuba Diving Masks (drowning)
    FAIL

2. Nytmare says:

“Baby’s First Utility Blade”? Yeah I can see why they might recall that.

3. acambras says:

M&J Engineering Swivels for Scuba Diving Masks (drowning)

Wow — that’s really messed up.

4. stubblyhead says:

zomg, you mean you might cut yourself on a knife?!

5. stevemis says:

Hey, anybody notice… the Gerber knife that closes during use… made in China and sold at WalMart?

6. wishlish says:

[www.cpsc.gov]

The blades look kinda of flimsy, don’t they? I’ll stick with my Victorinox, thank you very much.

7. TechnoDestructo says:

When did Gerber start selling cheap Chinese crap?

8. stubblyhead says:

@wishlish: Looks like a fancy delivery system for a utility blade. why you would want a purple one is beyond me. That said though, Gerber does make some very nice stuff.

9. kaikhor says:

Oh this makes me laugh. Until a month ago I worked for a wholesale distributor of knives, and of course Gerber was a major vendor. I worked in purchasing. Then they fired me. And instead of hiring someone else, they shuffled my work onto someone else who wasn’t even in my department! I bet my company is having so much fun with this recall!!!!

10. orielbean says:

I liked the Gerber multitools for many years. The sliding pliers were really clever. I do prefer my Leatherman Wave, as it has a nice rounded handle, locking blades, locking file, rope cutter, and minisaw. The thing stays sharp too.

11. mopar_man says:

@TechnoDestructo:

I’m not sure but I bought a Schrade a few months ago and also found it to be made in China. :(