Bernanke encourages banks to offer “new” mortgage products to low income buyers, “Such products could be designed to avoid or mitigate the risk of prepayment shock and to be more transparent with respect to their terms,” Bernanke wrote. [Washington Post]
More From Consumerist
- Abusive Lending Practices Can Lead To Negative Long-Term Consequences For Borrowers, Communities
- CFPB Proposal Aims To Improve Mortgage Access In Rural & Underserved Areas
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?
- The Best Way For Students To Avoid High Fees With Campus Banking Products Is To Barely Use Them
- First-Time Homebuyers May Only Need 3% Down Payment, But It Won’t Be A Cakewalk