Bernanke encourages banks to offer “new” mortgage products to low income buyers, “Such products could be designed to avoid or mitigate the risk of prepayment shock and to be more transparent with respect to their terms,” Bernanke wrote. [Washington Post]
More From Consumerist
- Abusive Lending Practices Can Lead To Negative Long-Term Consequences For Borrowers, Communities
- CFPB Proposal Aims To Improve Mortgage Access In Rural & Underserved Areas
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?
- First-Time Homebuyers May Only Need 3% Down Payment, But It Won’t Be A Cakewalk
- Risk Evaluation Report Finds Mobile Banking Leaves Some Banks More Vulnerable to Cyber Attacks