Bernanke encourages banks to offer “new” mortgage products to low income buyers, “Such products could be designed to avoid or mitigate the risk of prepayment shock and to be more transparent with respect to their terms,” Bernanke wrote. [Washington Post]
More From Consumerist
- CFPB To Banks: Offer More “No Overdraft” Checking Accounts, Provide Accurate Credit Information
- Abusive Lending Practices Can Lead To Negative Long-Term Consequences For Borrowers, Communities
- More Banks Are Offering Student Loan Refinancing, But Is It Really Safe & Beneficial?
- Risk Evaluation Report Finds Mobile Banking Leaves Some Banks More Vulnerable to Cyber Attacks
- Bank Of America, Wells Fargo Top List Of Most Complained About Mortgage Issuers