China pledges to increase product quality standards in the wake of recent recalls, makes point of noting how 50% of its goods are made by foreign companies. [NYT]
More From Consumerist
- CarMax Plays “Used Car Recall Roulette” By Selling Potentially Dangerous Vehicles
- Fiat Chrysler Recalling 1.4M Vehicles Amid Concerns Over Remote Hack Attacks
- Big Data Is Here To Stay. So Can We Use It To Make Recalls Actually Work?
- Proposed Bills Would Revamp Food Safety Agencies & Recall Protocols
- Senate Committee Votes Down Several Auto Safety Reforms