China pledges to increase product quality standards in the wake of recent recalls, makes point of noting how 50% of its goods are made by foreign companies. [NYT]
More From Consumerist
- CarMax Plays “Used Car Recall Roulette” By Selling Potentially Dangerous Vehicles
- Regulators Could Call On Other Parts Makers To Increase Production Of Replacement Takata Airbag Inflators
- Big Data Is Here To Stay. So Can We Use It To Make Recalls Actually Work?
- Class-Action Lawsuit Accuses Fiat Chrysler Of Hiding Safety Issues To Increase Stock Value
- Fiat Chrysler Recalling 1.4M Vehicles Amid Concerns Over Remote Hack Attacks