When riding a taxi, it’s a good idea to see if the meter has a sealed wire hanging from the meter, which shows the meter hasn’t been tampered with, especially when riding in the Wild Wild West of taxi cities, Phoenix. [The Arizona Republic]
By consumerist.com August 24, 2007
More From Consumerist
- When Is Taking A Yellow Cab Cheaper Than Using Uber?
- Judge Dismisses Suit Accusing Uber Of Misrepresenting Services, Racketeering
- Survey Says: Uber Overtakes Taxis As The Most Popular Ride For Business Travel
- Los Angeles Mulling Idea Of Uber-Like App To Make Taxi Industry More Competitive
- For-Profit College Enrollment Is Down Following Scandals & School Failures