Delta Starts A Blog!

Delta Airlines has started blogging! You should check it out, if only for the excellent comments from Delta’s real-life actual customers.

Here’s a bit from their very first post:

So, we decided to add a blog to the site, where you can hear directly from Delta leaders on some of your most passionate and inspiring ideas, as well as some of the changes we’ve got coming.

You’ll also be hearing from Delta employees on some of the fun, quirky, and entertaining subtleties that make the spirit of this company and its people so unique.

We welcome the blogging experience with enthusiasm and are excited to be giving you a peek inside our airline. Join us in the fun!

We asked some professional bloggers how they felt about Delta’s new blog. By professional bloggers, we mean ourselves. We have no friends.

Meg: “They’ll certainly have plenty of downtime time to work on their posts if they fly their own airline.”

Carey: “The post is titled “Nonstop Flight to the Blogosphere.” Yeah, this will go well for them.”

Ben: “Who cares?”

Ahh, Ben. Wisest of us all.

Nonstop Flight to the Blogosphere
[Delta Blog]

Comments

1. 3drage says:

The ’90s called. They want their technology back.

2. AnnaleeN says:

The best part? Delta is famous for being one of the first companies to fire one of its employees for blogging. Nonstop flight to your butt, Delta.

3. dantsea says:

“Over the last few months we’ve received thousands of ideas at delta.com/change on how we can enhance the travel experience.”

I love corporate-speak. Complaints and rants are no longer customer service issues to be resolved, they’re ideas on how to enhance the travel experience! Oh, Delta!

4. Mike_ says:

Southwest has one, too: blogsouthwest.com

5. timmus says:

But what does our girlfriend think?

6. timmus says:

@Annaleen: I think you’re referring to Queen of Sky, the Delta flight attendent who was fired for her blog?

7. cypherpunks says:

I can’t detail the hellish experience I’ve had flying Delta. I tried.

8. bedofnails says:

@cypherpunks:

“It’s moderated. All the negative comments get removed. It’s a PR stunt — not a blog.”

No, I’m pretty sure it’s a blog, yup just checked again, def. a blog. But damn it’s moderated – no other blogs do that…shit I forgot I was wearing my snarkiness shirt.

Nothing wrong with a company attempting to be “hip”.

9. flintstone03 says:

@bedofnails: Agreed. I read the comments and at the very least, half of them have to be from Delta themselves. Very much a BS “moderated” blog!

10. Trojan69 says:

@bedofnails: The Southwest blog is, in fact, moderated.

The great thing there is that they posted a reply to one of their “articles” I sent in full, and had an immediate, specific, response to my challenging post!

11. amalgamator says:

they moderate comments…mine doesn’t appear.

12. Meg… you talk to yourself? That’s probably not healthy. :)

Sounds like some consulting firm told Delta that they need to “join the conversation” and start a blog, except did you notice all the comments are positive? Weird huh!

13. Leofan7 says:

Under the wing? That’s where people were probably pinned when their planes crashed on multiple occasions at DFW. Suck it, Delta.

14. spinachdip says:

I hate it when dad tries to act cool.

15. dantsea says:

Yeah, they moderate comments. Southwest’s blog does the same. But I posted a comment almost identical to one I left at Southwest the same day. Southwest didn’t seem to have a problem with it, but over at Delta it’s still awaiting moderation while plenty of other comments have been approved. Whatever, it’s their blog and if they’re going to use it to blow sunshine, it’s their dime. However, I think most people are jaded enough to realize a commercial blog with nothing but positive comments is probably either heavily screened or heavily astroturfed. Wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of Delta’s comments are from the ad agency who sold them on the blog idea.

16. rickspeaks says:

@3drage:
    I just hope they have a guestbook to sign!