AT&T Stops Sending Several Hundred Page Long iPhone Bills

AT&T yesterday decided to stop raping forests and stop sending customers several hundred-page long iPhone bills itemizing every single photo they accessed while web-browsing. The change was announced In a text message sent out to subscribers that read:

AT&T free msg: We are simplifying you paper bill, removing itemized detail. To view all detail go to att.com/mywirelesss. Still need full paper bill? Call 611

Tasty Blog Snack blogger Justine Ezarik, whose video of opening the box containing her 300 page bill received several million views, curtly thanked AT&T for the shift in a new video, above. She all but places her hands on her hips, bucks her head and says, “Thass right, girlfriend,” but we’re sure that’s only because she doesn’t want to damage the iPhone she’s holding.

Comments

1. j-o-h-n says:

Wow, she’s annoying!

2. jtlight says:

Anyone that says they love AT&T should not be trusted.

3. MalichiDemonos says:

Someones got to say it… Thats Nice…mmmmmmm

Anyways about the phone… someone needs a make a video like one of those v8 commercials where they slap the person in the forehead for doing something stupid.

copy boy: I have an idea. If you cut printing all those long bills we could save money on paper alone.
    VP: That’s a terrible idea. You’re fired… but if we cut printing all those long bills we could save money on paper alone. Damn I’m a genius.

copy boy: ahhha hhahahhahahahhaaa

4. dwarf74 says:

She should make an alternate version of this where she’s naked.

5. gibsonic says:

Tasty indeed.

6. surfacenoise76 says:

She has what are know as “sperm brows”

7. Jacquilynne says:

Given what a pain in the ass AT&T and iPhone support have been, I’d probably be inclined to let them keep sending me 300 page bills at their expense. I can always use the extra note paper.

8. King of the Wild Frontier says:

So long, Justine. Hope you liked your 15 minutes.

9. Wormfather says:

@dwarf74: So wrong, yet so right.

10. Mr. Gunn says:

iphone users think they’re so special that ATT was making a special bill just for them!

Like I’ve said every time this has come up, ALL ATT bills that have a data plan have had it itemized, and it’s been like this.

11. RottNDude says:

That’s a MAN, baby!!!

12. phrygian says:

Wow — she comes off as really unlikeable in that video.

The super-long itemized bills weren’t new with the iPhone. Lot of people with data plans were getting them. I’ve heard stories of surprised parents receiving a box-o-bill due to their kids’ phone usage.

13. MonkeySwitch says:

I bet before filming she was jumping around saying, “I am so smart! S-M-R, I mean, S-M-A-R-T”

14. boandmichele says:

wow. those of you that think she is hot need to get a girlfriend. unless you just have a thing for two-toned oddly colored hair/eyebrow combos. everytime, if there is a girl that is not butt-ugly, we get the comments about said girl being attractive.

jessica alba is hot. this girl is just *not* un-attractive

15. Phuturephunk says:

That chick is hot. Definitely repeatedly nailable. Saying otherwize just makes you a hater.

16. crashman2600 says:

I am sure the postal service loves those bills, especially since they wont fit in the average mail box.

17. MajorXP says:

Link posted above, att.com/mywirelesss does not work.

18. loueloui says:

I don’t know what it is, but there’s just something so annoyingly flightly about that chick that I would just like to hit her with a shoe.

19. 4ster says:

I kept waiting for her at the end to go all Flava-Flav and say, “Yeah-BOYYYYYYYEEEEEEE.”

20. royal72 says:

(a) that was made by at&t in a great opportunity to turn this into good pr.

(b) if you have a phone bill that’s 300 pages long, you have serious issues and need to put the fucking phone down.

(c) how can you bitch about 300 pieces of paper, when you go through a roll of toilet paper a day applying makeup and whatever else in the bathroom?

21. @dwarf74: amen.

22. curmudgeon5 says:

I’m a woman and I agree she’s attractive — but for me it’s sort of canceled out by the fact that she’s so “done up” — heavy makeup, perfectly blown dry hair, the jewelry, she looks like she’s trying too hard. I realize this has nothing to do with the topic of this post. Sorry.

23. The Dude says:

Goes to prove…the only person to ever successfully make the jump from print to full live video was Roger Ebert.

Roger maintained both, bridging the gap like a gymnist straddled across 2 balance beams, fully exposed to criticism and kicks in the nuts, he took his shots but maintained his stance…

Is he still alive?

24. boandmichele says:

@Phuturephunk: a sex doll is equally ‘repeatedly nailable’, and also equally as fake looking.

25. amyjay says:

Maybe one should think twice before sending 30,000 text messages in a month. While some think it makes it look like you have a life (ZOMG, ppl txt me lk all the time), but when you break it down to the amount of texting done it a day, it’s quite the opposite.

Put down the phone and talk to someone.

26. It does look like it was made by AT&T. She comes across like she’s acting or trying to sell something.

It didn’t come off that way in the first video. Maybe it’s ’cause she’s in a black void in this one.

27. xanadu1979 says:

That girl is extremely annoying and isn’t _that_ hot. You could go to any major city, pick 50 random girls, and 20-25 of them will be hotter than this chick.

One of my pet peeves is when geeks fawn over any girl who shows the least bit of interest in technology and doesn’t look like a troll.

28. davere says:

I never got that message, I wonder if I’ll get another 58 page bill this month.

29. MeMikeYouNot says:

I guess I’m missing something–why in today’s internet/web browsing/secure payment are you people who got those bills STILL getting paper statements? Nothing to shred, nothing to paw through and then you don’t have to worry about dealing with a 300 page bill.

30. MalichiDemonos says:

@xanadu1979: Just one question… what cities do you go to… sign me up.

31. TSS says:

Here’s the thing that bothers me about this. Yeah your bill is 300 pages long. But if they didn’t send people itemized bills, everyone would be complaining that the billing isn’t itemized and AT&T is ripping people off.

32. ivieso says:

OK I watched it with no sound because I had headphones plugged in. I though, wow she is HOT! Then I read comments and took out the headphones so I heard her voice. WOW, I wanna punch her.

33. bob9 says:

@ivieso:

i so agree with you… She is more annoying than effective. She should just posted a video of a dog with a sign around its neck explaing the situation.