Travel Sites determine what deals you see by reading the cookies on your computer. If you recently searched for four-star hotels, the sites may present significantly higher airfares. To make sure you are getting the best possible deal, don’t visit travel sites without first switching to private browsing, or erasing your cookies.
By consumeristcarey July 31, 2007
Tagged With: privacy
More From Consumerist
- Amazon Reportedly Launching Hotel Booking Site In 2015
- The $100 Carry-On Bag Fee & Other Airline Charges You Can Avoid
- Secret Service Warns Against Keylogging Malware At Hotel Business Centers
- Does Booking Direct With The Airline Actually Offer You The Lowest Price?
- Should Hotels Be Required To Include Mandatory “Resort Fees” In Published Room Rates?