Monster.com cuts 800 jobs, announces plans to restructure. [CNBC]

Comments

1. Cowboys_fan says:

I wonder if they will use Monster for all their job finding needs.

2. Xerloq says:

@Cowboys_fan: Nope, they’ve all got JOBS OF A LIFETIME!!!111!1!! WORKING FROM HOME, MAKING THOUSANDS PART TIME!!!!1!1!!

Monster’s a joke.

3. JohnA says:

I think the real question we should be asking is why on EARTH does monster.com need over 5,000 employees in the first place?

4. wishlish says:

Actually, the recruiters for my last three jobs found me through Monster (and they were much better paying jobs than I had at the time). I don’t have any significant problems with Monster, though I hate the ads that seem to be multiplying on the site.

5. vitonfluorcarbon says:

They are going to restructure HR? Shouldn’t the HR department at Monster be the model of HR departments? I do have to wonder why they need 5000 people as well. I guess I don’t understand internet companies…

6. RandomHookup says:

That explains why I’m having trouble logging into my employer account at Monster today.

7. formergr says:

I found my last two jobs with Monster. I worked at the first for 4 years, and it brought me from low-level project manager to director who regularly communicated with CIOs and COOs in healthcare. The second I found there as well, and has me earning an excellent salary and has great potential for further career growth. So yeah, I hear people complain about Monster, but have never really understood it.

Of course I always ignored the “work from home” and salesy sounding positions, as well as overly vague descriptions from recruiters, but other than that it definitely panned out.

8. Rusted says:

@formergr: Careerbuilder is where I got my new job. About the same as Monster. Great tools but infested with advertising and MLM scam.