Airline Passengers Bill Of Rights Gutted In Congress

The airline passengers bill of rights legislation that seemed so promising has been gutted by congress according to the Coalition for A Passengers Bill of Rights.

They’ve made a cute little propaganda video in the hopes of encouraging you to contact your representatives.

The video is fun. It’s fun to watch Rachel Ray agree with Bill O’Reilly.

Comments

1. Pelagius says:

In the meantime, the TSA’s data-gathering authority is being expanded to include travellers’ sexual orientation, union membership, health problems, and travelling companions.

Passengers’ Bill of Rights? Here you go:
    You have the right to travel outside your designated province – providing of course you don’t mind a little investigation, humiliation, and (if you cross your fingers)rehabilitation.

2. jtlight says:

I really don’t understand how some of the new companies like Southwest can do a good job overall at dealing with all these problems (and are thus the most profitable airline), but others, like American, United, etc. can treat people like crap, and get bailed out time and again through bankruptcy, etc. The companies that are failing should not get bailed out by the taxpayer.

I think this is the first time I’ve ever agreed with O’Reilly, but what he said at the end of the video was right on.

3. misterfancypants says:

Wow, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but: Go get’em, Papa Bear.

4. rmz says:

Rachael Ray agrees with this?

I’m torn. I know it’s a good cause, but…damn.

5. Havok154 says:

Wonder why I avoid flying and detest when I have to. That seems like a good way for people to see a business. I say, when they go bancrupt, let them stay that way. If they can’t figure out how to make us happy and keep our business coming back, then they don’t deserve to stay open.

6. superlayne says:

@misterfancypants: Tell me about it.

Horrible video editing, though.

Why doesn’t Congress want to hav- OH. Wait, yes, all these people have private Congress jets.

7. TechnoDestructo says:

@rmz:

“I seek revenge on Rachael Ray of the Food Network. Can’t you make her eyes fall out or something? …tits fall off?”

8. mconfoy says:

@superlayne:
    Most Congress people fly commercial out of National Airport. That is why the airport was never closed down or scaled back.

9. mac-phisto says:

wow. bill o’reilly asking for more government & lawsuits. the end is neigh!

10. Bill O’ Reilly actually say what I think he said? Did hell just freeze over?

11. doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

You people need to be taken away for…re-education.

12. hustler says:

Holy shit…did I just agree with O’Reilly?

The airline industry is a joke. I’ll drive anything short of 10 hours over flying any time. Think about it. 1 hour to get there, 2 hours early, sit on the runway for 1 hour (every time), then the 2 hour flight, then 30 minutes to deal with baggage…

That 10 hour drive is now about 3 hours wasted on average, so its essentially 5 hours faster to deal with lines, disrobe on occasion, pack according to tsa standards, possibly get charged extra for heavy luggage, deal with a bunch of children, and possibly get stuck on the runway for a few hours. I’ll rent a car and drive any time over flying.