Knit A Dishrag Out Of Old Clothes

Got some old clothes you were going to to throw away? You can cut them up and knit a dishrag out of them! The resulting dishrag is actually really cute, we imagine you could use it for something more glorious than scrubbing pots.

Then again, we’ve always dug rag rugs and whatnot. We’re homey like that.

Knit a Dishcloth from old Clothes [Instructables]

Comments

1. why not just save the middleman of knitting and cut that shit up into pieces to wipe the dishes?

2. rmz says:

Or donate the clothes?

3. qwickone says:

I like the cute little Instructables and everything, but why do you keep linking to that site, Consumerist? It’s ALWAYS down when I click on it. They obviously can’t handle the traffic coming from here.

4. acambras says:

@discounteggroll:

Because some of us like to knit!

5. skittlbrau says:

@acambras: that, and knitted dishcloths are about the best thing to scrub with. they have magical powers.

6. @discounteggroll: More surface area on a knitted thingie=greater absorption.

Also cuter than a rag!

7. acambras says:

@baa:

Yes, I have a friend that knitted a couple of dishcloths, and she now does the dishes by hand, even though she has a dishwasher.

8. Consumer-X says:

I am placing this suggestion at the very bottom of my to do list, right after “re-rolling used scotch tape” and “sending Paris Hilton $20 for her legal defense fund”.

9. synergy says:

@discounteggroll: IAWTC

10. Bevin says:

If you have a garment to cut up that was machine knit (as in, not fabric) you cannot cut it up into squares; it will unravel. In theory if you had a torch, an acrylic garment, and the strong desire to stink up your house you could melt the hell out of the edges. Probably not a good idea, unless you like the smell of melted plastic.

In the interest of full disclosure, I’m one of those “knitting people”.