Don't Activate Comcast's Internet Service Yourself Or They Will Block Your Modem

Why wait for Comcast to set up your internet service when you can activate it yourself? That’s what Alex and his roommates thought when they activated their service in June, unaided by a tech. Comcast had scheduled a tech to install Alex’s service, but the tech didn’t show until several days after his appointment, when he was told his services were not needed. This greatly angered Comcast:

“because [Alex's roommate] called Comcast himself to set it up (in effect doing exactly what the tech would have done, had he bothered to show up), no one was being billed for our internet! So, instead of notifying anyone, they flipped the switch and turned it off.”

Comcast explained to Alex that his modem’s MAC address was blocked, and would remain blocked until they spoke to the data warehouse, which was closed. When Alex finally got through to the warehouse, he was told that his MAC address could not be unblocked, and that he would need a new modem; but even with a new modem, Alex still could not get on the internet. He could, however, have another maddening conversation with Comcast.

I told them that because they apparently blocked the old MAC address, we are now using this modem. He says that they need to send us a new modem; I said no, you said yesterday we can use a different one, and this is a Motorola Surfboard (gnarly!) just like the old one. He says hold on, then came back and took the MAC address. Hold more, then takes the customer serial number from the modem. This time he forgets to put me on hold, and I can hear him talking with someone and laughing. I’m really hoping he calls me a name or something, but other than whatever lolocaust he’s having, it seems ok. Finally, he comes back and says the exact same thing they said two days ago: they need to add our MAC address to their database, which the guy can’t do from where he is.

Alex is still without internet service. It may be time to summon the indefatigable solution mavens of executive customer support to speed the internet’s safe return.

The Sisyphean Struggle of Trying to Get Internet from Comcast [WTF, Comcast]
(Photo: Steve Rhodes)

Comments

1. Galls says:

Im willing to bet it is a union issue.

If you do not let service unions rape you, they will rape you anyway.

2. ptkdude says:

After 5 years of adequate internet service from Comcast, my modem now goes into “wall-guard” status about every 2 weeks. This is something Comcast does. In order to get it working again, they have to completely reprovision my service (including tv), which takes 2 days. My suggestion is to stay away from Comcast if you can. I, for one, will be jumping to U-verse when it launches here later this year. I’m sure U-verse has it’s issues too, but at least I can fire off an email at work to get things fixed there instead of rotting on hold for 8 hours a month (yes, i’ve kept a record of that).

3. dgandy says:

haha i just had a problem with installing comcast internet as well.

i bought a cable modem on ebay a few years ago and used it on charter without a problem. Upon moving into my new apt in Atlanta and switching to Comcast, i was informed that my purchased modem was in fact stolen from Comcast in 2005 and I must now RENT the modem I purchased. sheesh!

4. Ouroboros says:

In Comcast’s defense. I dont work for Comcast. In fact I work for one of their Telecom DSL provider competitors..

I’ve had Comcast’s HSI activated twice. The first time I flagged down an installer working in the area. He handed me a receipt (with an account number) and a small box containing a modem, coax cable and software.. I connected my computer and was up and running in 10 minutes.. The second time I reactivated by stopping by their local office and requesting service.. again with the box.. Again I was up and running 10 minutes after I got home. Their simple installation, at least for their existing cable tv customers, is a beautiful thing.

5. mopar_man says:

6. Cyco says:

Man, Comcastjust bought out Time Warner here in Houston and after everything I have read about Comcast, I’m really nervous about the transition. Time Warner wasn’t exactly the greatest company to work with, but they seem like saints compared to Comcast. Does anyone in the Houston or surrounding areas know of a better alternative that is cable based?

7. Kornkob says:

@dgandy: Yeah– so you didn’t have a problem installing comcast. You had a problem with having purchased stolen property on eBay.

8. banned says:

Thats total BS. Its really not that hard to provision a modem, every other company can do it in minutes. Its probably not so much Comcast but more the retards they hire for support I would guess.

9. r81984 says:

I always provisioned my own modem and friends modems with comcast.

Isn’t that the point of the self install kit??

10. azntg says:

That must be Comcast’s way of saying: “Have a Comcastic Day!” to Alex and Co.

11. AcidReign says:

That’s just weird. I have Bellsouth (AT&T) DSL, and no tech has been anywhere near my house. Getting a tech to install DSL was going to cost $250 extra (for only one computer), so I opted for DIY. They mailed me a modem and cables. And it was so easy to set up that even a caveman could do it…

12. Esquire99 says:

You cannot “provision your own modem”. Provisioning occurs when the headend is told that your modem can connect to the system. You can hook it up yourself, but provisioning has to be done by the provider. Learn the terminology before you claim to have done it. Secondly, If this guy “self-installed” his service without Comcast’s knowledge or permission, it’s no surprise they shut him off. He was effectively stealing internet from them. Why does Comcast have a duty to inform the consumer that they are stealing from them before shutting off the service? Now with the issue of the “blocked” MAC address, I refuse to believe that their “blocking” process is a completely irreversible one. That’s a complete line of BS. With regard to the addition of the MAC address to the system, it’s not completely uncommon that the peons in CS cannot add the MAC. Some places simply don’t trust them to do it for fear they will f*&k up the whole system. If that’s the case, it might take a little time to get it provisioned. Had the internet been properly installed the first time, with Comcast’s knowledge and permission, perhaps this situation wouldn’t even be a situation.

13. Sequential_Combo says:

I just love Comcast. Where I live, they have this switchbox that controls the internet access for everyone in that area of the apartment complex; they have this strange tendency to turn mine off about once a month without warning or explanation. It then takes them about a week to send out a tech guy.

14. bokononist says:

Brad, do you work for the cable company? This is exactly why people hate them–they’re giving quite the hefty monthly fee to the cableco, and they expect to get service for it.

Excuses like yours just drive people to the competition.

15. masterdave says:

I had to dump comcast when their phone support decided to lie to me about a service outage and oversold service. I can deal with shitty service if it’s cheap, but I can’t stand being lied to repeatedly. If my connection is fine until 7pm every night and then takes a dump on me from 7pm-10pm, I think that’s a good sign that it’s not my line, right? No really, I don’t want to get billed for a tech to come and RE WIRE MY HOUSE because it’s obviously my house’s fault that Comcast has oversold service. Fuck all that.

Comcast teaches their techs to lie, or at the worst they don’t teach them how to properly diagnose things, escalate problems or deal with customers issues in a rational and intelligent manner at the very least. They don’t deserve your business and it’s only a matter of time before your service becomes horrible, so switch to something else before it’s too late.

16. Kornkob says:

@bokononist: Actually, it’s apparent that Brad has at least a passing knowledge and understanding of the underlying technologies behind home broadband connections. His comments were spot on and didn’t make excuses for Comcast– he critiqued the article. Specifically he said:

a)Provisioning is a technical term related to configuration of a connection from the backend, not the client location.

b)The ‘self install’ was effectively theft, given that there was no billing set up by the roommate who did the self install ‘exactly as the tech would have’.

c) Comcast was blowing smoke about the MAC address.

A is clearly a critique of the original article misuing terminology.

B is an assessment of the customer’s complaint.

C is a condemnation of Comcast’s techs and/or processes related to MAC address blocking.

Just because he’s not jumping on the ‘everybody shout righteous indignation at Comcast doesn’t mean he’s making excuses for them.

17. dbeahn says:

This is why Comcast needs actual TECHS at the local offices, rather than in a central location somewhere. When we were local, we could deal with these situations at our local offices, and get the customer taken care of. Now the guys in a centralized area “does” the customer, but doesn’t take care of the customer.

*sigh*

18. ct03 says:

Just to clarify about Brad’s comment–we didn’t set it up without Comcast’s knowledge or permission. We called Comcast to add internet to our existing cable account with them, they sent us a modem and scheduled an installation, the tech didn’t show up, so my roommate called Comcast and gave them the account info and MAC address. There was no stealing; it was done with Comcast’s knowledge and permission, but without their help.
    – Alex

19. humphrmi says:

Fortunately my community has competing cable service (RCN and Comcast), and when I started having trouble with Comcast, I told them “Forget it, I’m going to RCN” (and I did). Haven’t had any trouble with RCN. Every once in a while, Comcast calls me about a “great deal on internet service” and I tell them “Remember when I said ‘cancel my service, you’re never getting my business back?'” It frustrates their telemarketers, but hey. When they ask why I don’t want their service, I got a good answer they can’t argue!

20. GBMassAve says:

@KORNKOB
    As a person involved in this issue i would like to clarify… in no way was the self install theft. The account was set up with the assistance of comcast and their technical support team. A user name and password was provided after the install with the help of a comcast associate. Further, Comcast states on its automated phone system to [paraphrasing] “set up your account with the assistance of a customer service rep” Brad’s comments were insightful but he made an incorrect assumption that we somehow set this whole thing up without comcast’s help or assistance.

21. zentec says:

I am continually amazed at the inefficiency of the cable industry. One would think that if the house is wired for cable TV, then nothing should be sweeter to the cable company than having their customer run out, buy a modem, be entirely responsible for that modem, run the cables, hook it up, turn it on and get directed to a self-installation page that activates service.

This nonsense of entering unapproved MAC addresses into a blackhole database is absurd. They’re inviting phone calls, they’re inviting the need for more technical support people and they’re missing the real efficiency of having computers do all the work.

Dial-up ISPs figured this out in 1995. Comcast and its peers still seem to think that all installs and repairs require a truck roll. Obviously, they view this as a profit line and I seriously doubt it is.

22. guroth says:

Just the other day I opened up my browser and was greeted with a comcast page that said there was an error with my account and that I needed to “live chat” to resolve the issue.

After sitting in a 45 minute queue a customer service rep told me that they recently did a network audit to remove people who were illegally accessing the network without paying for service and that my modem might have been effected by this. She said I had to call 1-800-comcast, ask for technical support, and ask for an APT push for my modem, as the MAC address on file did not match the one on my modem that I provided over chat.

So somehow our MAC address on file changed or perhaps since we owned our modem they changed it to a MAC that would have matched a rented modem if we had rented? (A comcast tech DID come out and set us up btw, we did not somehow magically enter our own modem MAC into the network as the above story claims) and the APT push is basically them adding the new one on file. I had to talk to three customer service reps to get this done, not because the first two couldn’t do it, but because they wouldn’t.

I encountered the same issue with the second one who said the exact same thing, despite my persistence and insistence that I knew damn well what a MAC address was since I deal with them every day at work, and that some MAC addresses just don’t have letters in them. She told me she was going to look into it and call me back in 15 minutes and that my issue might have to be escalated. She never called back.

Since I had been burned by “I’ll call you back” phrases from customer support before, I immediately dialed the number again. While this CSR did say something like “Can you check the number again, it should have letters in it” She did not press the issue further when I sternly said “It is the HFC Mac Address and it has no letters in it”. Apparently their systems are “slow” and it took a while of waiting on hold and her continuously apologizing for the wait, but eventually the APT push finally went through and I was back online..

23. QuirkyRachel says:

Yeah. Comcast s****. I am so happy to not be a customer of theirs anymore.

24. Employees Must Wash Hands says:

@zentec:

I’d have long assumed that by now the cable companies would have dumped analog services and required that everyone have digital receivers, eliminating the whole possibility of someone getting free cable if they were connected without being billed. If your house were already wired up, all you’d have to do is get your hands on a receiver or modem, establish an account, and be done. They could sell it as a no-wait instant install, and paint themselves in a more attractive light than satellite with regard to getting new customers.

If you move out of a place, they don’t need to disconnect you; in fact leaving it connected means the next guy can call in to get service turned on right away. There’s a reason why DirecTV installs you a dish for free when you move, if you leave the old dish up at the old place.

The obvious “instant install” cost savings aside, the cable companies could stop having to audit connections, install filters, and all the other stuff that requires putting trucks out on the street to make sure nobody’s stealing cable. They can also pick up the extra profit that comes from leasing out receivers to the people who don’t already have them.

Maybe the analog TV cutoff, combined with the legislation that requires that people be able to own their receivers, will be what it takes to drag the cable industry into the 21st century.

25. ptkdude says:

@guroth: This is exactly what I get when Comcast puts my modem in “wall guard”. They have told me it happened because I obviously moved my modem to a different address, then moved it back. This never happened, of course, and there’s a perfect dust ring around the modem.

26. TNT says:

I’m the first to admit Comcast has problems, but this story is pure BS… the vivid imagination of someone who wants to make “news” on an increasingly irrelevant website.

I’ve worked in Comcast tech support at several levels, so I pretty much know how things work there. I wouldn’t be writing this if there was even one idea in the original post that wasn’t nonsense.

27. LAGirl says:

i used to have Comcast, never had any big problems. when we bought our house 2 years ago, i wanted to bring Comcast with me. i set it up for cable, phone + internet, which is what i had at my old place. no problem, right? wrong.

their equipment was located on city property, behind a locked gate. of course the technician didn’t have the key. we called customer service, no one knew anything about a key. they told me to call the city, since it was city property. how could they have equipment installed in an area that they couldn’t access and NOT have the key?

i made a bunch of calls, got the run-around. the city told me Comcast should have the key and they couldn’t help me. Comcast insisted they didn’t have the key + to call the city. they sent another tech out, who said he would jump the fence, but we would have to clear the ivy in front of the fence first.

after all the b.s., i finally gave up and called DirecTV and AT&T for phone + internet.

28. doctor_cos wants you to remain calm says:

The phrase is ‘walled garden’ not ‘wall guard.’ It refers to the fact that you can access only the Comcast PROVISIONING site if your modem is not authorized by the headend (as if you were in a walled garden and cannot see out).

You can do a self-install. Your modem should not be provisioned by the headend (from inside the walled garden) without a valid account number. Typically your modem will not be provisioned without the account number so that the headend knows you are in fact paying for access.

If you hook up a ‘new’ modem and do not have cable internet or a valid account number, the system should not provision the modem. If it does (and you are not using a misappropriated modem or account number) then the fault lies with Comcast.

I have done this myself once or thrice. I did not have problems, and did not need a tech to visit (other than to steal my modem but that’s another story).

29. MrFlashport says:

I tried Crapcast and after fighting with the morons for two weeks to get the service provisioned correctly, two missed appointments on their part, I fired them and went with Bellsouth (now at&t) FastAccess DSL.

The modem came two days later, plugged it in, configured it for bridged Ethernet so I could use a wireless router and 15 minutes later I was online at 3MB/sec (now I’ve since upgraded to their 6MB extreme DSL). That was back in July 2005. I’ve never had an outage (that I know of) and I was so glad to fire Crapcast, I ended up buying DirecTV from BS and get it all on one bill.

Now DirecTV installation was another story…

30. TechnoDestructo says:

@bokononist:

What competition? Near as I can tell, in most markets, they’re all like that.

31. jrdnjstn78 says:

I’m glad that Comcast hasn’t come to Austin yet but I guess since it bought out Time Warner in Houston then it must be on it’s way here.
    I have ATT (formerly SBC). I’m ok with them, haven’t had any big issues. My modem wasn’t working so they sent me another and that one didn’t work so they sent out a tech, he couldn’t get it to work and he decided to go outside and change something out there. Whatever he did it worked. I wasn’t charged for anything. Of course you have to have home phone service to get DSL with ATT. So with those together my bill is usually around 50$ a month.
    I would try maybe Verizon, which has a deal right now if their service is in your area. Verizon uses fiber optics and PC Magazine rates it really good. I have no idea on how good it is. Is fiber optics the best?

32. bigplaidcouch says:

@Cyco and JRDNJSTN78: (Where is this mystical reply button everyone seems to have?)

I just moved out of Houston to DC. I can’t afford cable TV anymore with DC rents and Verizon DSL is working just fine and dandy so far. If you’re not a big TV watcher, I’d say that’s the way to go. Otherwise, I’m pretty sure you’re SOL.

Also, Time Warner wasn’t calling me every other day with some automated bullshit “news.” I did cancel my services while they were still Time Warner, and yet “Michelle” from Comcast would not leave me the hell alone. I had to talk to 5 different people to get my number out of their system–I was actually transferred to “New Sales” at one point when the CSR heard that my account was already cancelled.

Of course the actual removal of my phone number took 10 seconds after 40 minutes of phone tag.

My sister (in VA) is having a hard time getting her cable TV actually cancelled too.

Man, never thought I’d have warm and fuzzy feelings toward Time Warner, but there ya go.

33. Esquire99 says:

The reason Comcast and lots of of companies don’t like to do self installs is because it generates lots of phone calls and unnecessary service calls. Most people are not competent enough to setup their own stuff. Even if you know how to plug is all in, you probably don’t have any way to test the strength and quality of the signal coming into the home or out of any of the outlets. Because of this, things don’t work right, and a tech has to be sent out anyway. Alot of the time it has to do with shitty premise wiring, which is no fault of the cable company. Either some cheap contractor used crappy cable, or the jack-ass home owner tried to re-wire it themselves and has things all jacked up. I have Comcast service, and I am certainly not happy, but most of the complaints people have, particularly on here, are not necessarily Comcasts fault.

34. kahnvex says:

Dish Network + DSL = Win.

F cable companies, I hate mediacom, and thats the only other option.

35. Iron_Dragon_2.0 says:

“The first one continued insisting that I was not giving her the MAC address on the modem because it had no letters in it. I told her that it was indeed the MAC address and that it indeed did not contain any letters. She kept pressing that it was not the MAC address because a MAC address is a combination of numbers and letters. Eventually I hung up on her because she would not waiver from her stance about the letters.”

@guroth: I would have killed myself laughing if I had a tech tell me that. That’s nearly as bad as all the CSRs who confused 0.015 dollars and 0.015 cents (That or 0.15 dollars. I forget which) a while back. Comcast should at least hire people who know what MAC addresses and hex are…

36. n1ssan_gxe says:

I’d like to welcome everyone to the real world and kindly remind them that not everything is going to work seamlessly all the time. Occasionally systems are flawed people don’t know what they are doing (from techs to customer service to plain old customers). With that in mind I hope you all enjoy your stay and have a safe journey.

37. BenMitchell says:

I’ve managed to use my comcast modem for over 2yrs without being billed – it works at any place where the cable is hooked up. Why ask the giant for help when you can help your self to the giants golden goose :)

38. hop says:

gee, i guess i’ll hafta add comcast to my “sucketh” list……..i’m lucky, i don’t hafta deal with them………

39. agb says:

If you want to sign up for Comcast, but don’t want to wait for a technician to show up at your house, tell them when you’re signing up that you don’t have a Mac or Windows, but that you’re running Linux.

Comcast does not have software for Linux to activate your account, so they will ask you for your Cable Modem’s MAC address (if you’re not renting one from them), and to select a username/password over the phone.

They’ll want you to test a few things, so make sure you know how to look up your computer’s IP address and use the Ping software.

40. agent2600 says:

@bradg33: Umm..well I have to side with comcast as well on this one…first off he WAS stealing internet, second off, weather they provide it or not is not the issue, the matter of the fact is he did NOT purchase a self-install kit, he was supposed to have someone install it for him.

What is with these consumerist articles were morons go against rules, as silly as they might be, and then they get mad about the consequences. If you break rules, bad things happen, as they did here. Get mad at comcast about outages, bad prices, ect ect, but don’t blame them for some moron doing somthing hes not supposed to and then getting mad at the cable company for cutting him off for doing so

41. ct03 says:

@agent2600:

I don’t understand how people are misreading this, but please understand that we were NOT stealing internet: we called Comcast to add internet to our existing account, they sent us a modem and scheduled a tech to come by on Friday, and the tech never showed up. So, my roommate called Comcast and gave them the information from our modem, and it was activated over the phone. By Comcast. At our behest. That Comcast wasn’t billing us was their own fault, which we were unaware of (I would think that ordering internet service with an existing account and then actually calling them up with the account and modem information would be sufficient for Comcast to figure out who to send the bill to). It had only been three weeks before our internet was turned off again and we hadn’t received a bill…

moron.

42. agent2600 says:

@ct03: OK

OK, I am sorry I don’t agree with your bogus sob story, but that doesn’t make me a moron

let me repeat myself

yes, comcast screwed you on the tech install, you could write and complain about that, but the truth of the matter is, you were not authorized to install it yourself, therefore your broke the rules, therefore you lost and got your services terminated.

if you dislike comcasts install team thats one thing, but don’t make comcast look like they were doing something wrong by cutting you off because you did something you weren’t supposed to do.

welcome to the world of consumer responsibility.

43. harrysgother says:

@ct03 & @agent2600
    Judging by Agent2600’s comments it seems that he’s just one of those types that likes to take a BS contrary position so I wouldn’t even worry about it. However, agent I’m supposed to be writing a paper on why the world is flat pretty soon so if you’re interested let me know… Just be sure to double space and you cite that famous greek author you obviously seem to get your knowledge from Ansors Outofuras.

44. @mopar_man: I didn’t need Consumerist to tell me that, having previously been with them. They just re-affirmed everything for me.

45. Jaysyn was banned for: http://consumerist.com/5032912/the-subprime-meltdown-will-be-nothing-compared-to-the-prime-meltdown#c7042646 says:

A few words on CATV providers:

If they are that bad, & refuse to change their ways, complain to the city. These CATV providers have a franchise with the municipality *that can be revoked*. This is exactly what happened to AT&T Broadband in Jacksonville, FL. Citywide their service was horrible, they did nothing at all to fix it, enough people filed complaints with the city (public service commision, I think) & the city revoked their charter. Now Comcast has the franchise it & belive it or not the service has actually improved by leaps & bounds.

46. Jon Mason says:

@agent2600 – have you never heard of self-install, it is an option on the comcast site when you sign up for service, so yes, you are allowed to install internet service yourself. Not against any rules, it is one of their options for installation.

47. bendsley says:

If there’s anything I’ve learned from Consumerist.com, it’s to avoid Comcast at all costs. I learned all about the evils of Wal-Mart by myself but I wouldn’t have known that Comcast was such a fucktard of a company if I didn’t join here. …MOPAR_MAN

^^^One of the funniest things I’ve read on here before.

48. JustAGuy2 says:

@Jaysyn:
    This comment cracked me up. Comcast BOUGHT AT&T Broadband, so the franchise hasn’t changed in the slightest. Comcast just bought the company and improved operations.

49. vdragonmpc says:

Agent- You must be one of those geek squad knowitalls that only reads the first paragraph of a trouble ticket.
    If Comcast guided him through the install process HTF is he ‘stealing access’? Did they not teach reading comprehension in the short bus school?
    It amazes me how people muck up stories by not reading them and posting half-baked responses.
    We have that now in VA where they passed ‘driver abuse taxes’ and the line from piles of people is ‘dont speed and you wont get fined’. What the hell? There are over 60 violations in the list one of which is leaving your license at home which carries a 900$ fine now plus court fees and fines!!! I still dont know what inmproper tires means.

V

50. Jaysyn was banned for: http://consumerist.com/5032912/the-subprime-meltdown-will-be-nothing-compared-to-the-prime-meltdown#c7042646 says:

@JustAGuy2:

If you lived in Jacksonville (like I do), & work in the telecom industry (like I do) then you’d know that AT&T was on their way out regardless of who bought them before the city pulled the plug. They were on their last 90 day reprieve & hadn’t changed a thing.

If it wasn’t Comcast, it would have been Cox, or Time Warner or any of the other players.

[findarticles.com]

[findarticles.com]

51. JustAGuy2 says:

@Jaysyn:

The reason that all this furor was going on is that the Jacksonville gov’t was trying to gain concessions for agreeing to transfer the franchise to Comcast.

Good luck trying to actually cancel a franchise and hand it over to someone else – the litigation would outlast us all.

52. weischris says:

I work for comcast. If you own a modem and want to use it, we have to put it in to the inventory, stating that this is a valid modem and in your home. During this process, the software looks up your mac address to see if a duplicate is on the network or tied to another account. If that is fthe case then they cannot activate the modem. If the customer was doing a self install kit, most likely his billing codes were set to take start a week or two out. This happens a number of times at the payment centers then the work order needs to be rebuilt. I am sure there is great error on the part of Comcast. If you live in Colorado, I would be more than happy to assist you.

53. renilyn says:

First @ doctor_cos

THANK YOU! It was all I could do to get through the comments area when I was continually seeing “wall guard”.

Second @ WEISCHRIS

You are so very right…. Period. (Im in CO too…been there, done that :) )

I have worked in the cable industry in various systems &/or has my husband. From Comcast, to Adelphia, to AT&T, to Charter, to TW, to Everest Connections… the process is “basically” the same in the manner that WEISCHRIS has described above.

I agree as well with the poster that states that not everything works all the time. More power to you! Life isnt PERFECT. I think that needs to be a wide spread realization.

54. EmmaC says:

My sister signed up for Comcast internet. The install guy showed up on time but claimed he couldn’t finish the job because Comcast hadn’t released the “codes”. He claimed it would take Comcast a couple hours to get him the codes and he needed to go to another job. He promised to come back later that day and we asked for his cell number–but he never showed up or returned any of our calls. My sister called Comcast and the customer service rep walked her through the installation but Comcast still charged her the $100 installation fee even though she did the work for them.

55. Jetoine Mathurin says:

comcast is crap anyway overpriced shit