Concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the few and restricting the free-flow of information are the two main factors to look for when deciding whether a community is sliding towards despotism, according to this retro Encyclopedia Brittanica filmstrip. [YouTube]
More From Consumerist
- 3 Things We’ve Learned About How Demographics, Credit Scores & Marital Status Affect Your Car Insurance Rates
- Prank Or Honest Mistake? Jimmy John’s Renames Customer “Blumpkin”
- Amazon Prime Members Less Likely To Visit Target.com, Walmart.com When Shopping Online
- Authors, Booksellers Call For Investigation Into Amazon’s Alleged Anti-Competitive Business Practices
- Are There Any Non-DEET Insect Repellants That Work?