Concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the few and restricting the free-flow of information are the two main factors to look for when deciding whether a community is sliding towards despotism, according to this retro Encyclopedia Brittanica filmstrip. [YouTube]
More From Consumerist
- Report: Many Banks And Prepaid Companies Lack Clear Disclosures For Smartphone Deposit Services
- Prank Or Honest Mistake? Jimmy John’s Renames Customer “Blumpkin”
- Mark Zuckerberg Explains Why Facebook Forced Everyone To Download A Separate Messaging App
- Amazon Prime Members Less Likely To Visit Target.com, Walmart.com When Shopping Online
- Are There Any Non-DEET Insect Repellants That Work?