Homeowners in mortgage trouble need beware “equity stripping,” a scam where someone else takes over your deed, borrows as much as they can against the house, pockets the cash, and runs, leaving you to probably still lose your house.
By consumerist.com July 4, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Two Reasons Anyone Who Remembers The Recession Had A Problem With Quicken Loans’ Super Bowl Ad
- No Surprise Here: CFPB Finds Reverse Mortgage Ads Create False Impressions
- Don’t Fall For The Mail-Order Puppy Scam
- Reverse Mortgage Complaints Show Consumers Confused By Loan Terms
- How To Avoid Getting Scammed When You Sell A Timeshare