If you want to successfully challenge a charge a debt collector says you owe, you’ll want to understand the doctrine of “account stated.”
By consumerist.com July 3, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Robocalling Phantom Debt Collector Accused Of Harassing, Defrauding Consumers
- Is It Time For Regulators To Stab Zombie Debt Through The Brain?
- How Dropping Phone, TV Service From AT&T Bundle Resulted In 3-Year Collection Hell For Customer
- FTC Helps Stop Debt Collection Operations Attempting To Solicit Allegedly Fake Payday Loan Debts
- CFPB Finds Older Consumers Face Illegal, Harassing Tactics From Debt Collectors