Regardless of whether you set your cellphone locator to “Location On” or to E911, your phone will only squawk its location if you dial 911.
By consumeristcarey June 30, 2007
Tagged With: cellphones
More From Consumerist
- Privacy Group’s FTC Complaint: Uber Shouldn’t Track Users When They’re Not Using The App
- Report: Butt Dials Are Clogging The 9-1-1 System
- Report: “Secret Spy Program” Targeting U.S. Cell Phone Signals From the Skies
- New Visa Feature Uses Smartphone Location Tracker To Prevent Fraud By Knowing Where You Are At All Times
- FreedomPop Launches $5 Unlimited Public WiFi Access, But Is It Worth It?