Regardless of whether you set your cellphone locator to “Location On” or to E911, your phone will only squawk its location if you dial 911.
By consumeristcarey June 30, 2007
Tagged With: cellphones
More From Consumerist
- Phone Company Routed 911 Calls To Automated Recording Telling Callers To Dial 911
- This Weekend, You Can Once Again Unlock Your Own Cellphone Without Committing A Crime
- Privacy Group’s FTC Complaint: Uber Shouldn’t Track Users When They’re Not Using The App
- Report: “Secret Spy Program” Targeting U.S. Cell Phone Signals From the Skies
- FreedomPop Launches $5 Unlimited Public WiFi Access, But Is It Worth It?