Costco receipt checkers will sometimes make a nice happy face on the back of receipts for kids, which is nice. But you know the power is going to their heads when they reprimand your mentally disabled child, who didn’t start talking until he was 3, for not enunciating “please” and “thank you” clearly enough.
More From Consumerist
- Scammers Manipulate Lowe’s Receipt-Checking Policy To Steal $80,000 In Tools
- Man Sues Costco For $670,000 After Receipt-Checking Incident Leaves Him With A Broken Leg
- Customer Grateful For D.C. Restaurant’s Gumbo Leaves $2,000 Tip On $93 Bill
- Restaurant Offering 15% Discount For “Praying In Public” Says It’s More About Gratitude
- 9 Things We’re So Grateful Mom Taught Us About Money