Join The Consumerist Neighborhood eBay Garage Sale On Tuesday

We’re hosting another Consumerist Neighborhood eBay garage sale starting Tuesday morning. So if you have any crap priceless artifacts to dispose of, put ‘em up for auction and then link to them in the comments on the relevant post that day.

Selling on eBay is a great way to make some extra cash. It’s also amazing the psychic space you can clear up by getting rid of those items that every time you look at them slumped in a pile in the corner, you think, “man, I gotta sell that stuff someday.”

Check out How To Sell On eBay if you need help getting started. — BEN POPKEN

(Photo: cleverswine)

Comments

1. LAGirl says:

what a great idea. i already have some items up for auction. guess i’ll have to link them on tuesday. who likes expensive purses??!

ebay is a great way to make extra cash! once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty simple. after you create a listing, save it as a template. then, when you list another item, you just need to modify it to the new item and change the photos. takes just a few minutes.

also, if you ship USPS Priority Mail, you can create labels at home with free delivery confirmation. the mailman will even pick up the packages. you never have to leave your house. just sit back and watch the money roll in!

2. castlecraver says:

A short 4-5 letter nonsense keyword that could unify all the consumerist garage sale auctions for searching would probably be nice too.

3. JRuiz47 says:

@castlecraver: Great idea.

I look forward to possibly purchasing everybody’s unwanted items.

4. Namilia says:

A warning to sellers who ship USPS Priority Mail. Although the packages are usually delivered in 2-3 business days, they can take up to 14 days (as long as First Class) to arrive. There is no guarantee on when, or even if, they will be delivered.

Anyways, this sounds like a great idea, I look forward to it :)

5. acambras says:

@castlecraver:

It’s 6 letters, but how about “asshat” ? ;-)

6. RossMcD says:

Hi everyone, I just discovered this blog about 2 weeks ago and have been loving all the useful tips. The ebay garage sale sounds like a terrific idea… I’m pretty inexperienced on eBay, but hopefully I’ll get my shizz together enough to participate as well.

I nominate “BrownGlue” as our eBay keyword

7. RossMcD says:

Hmm I think I messed up my last post… apologies if two pop up for some reason. Anyway – I’m new here, love the site, and nominate “BrownGlue” as our eBay tag :)

8. lordbeef says:

Here are a couple of free sites to help with your eBay selling (signup required):

Mpire research:

[www.mpire.com]

Free tool that lets you see the average selling price, sell through percentage rate, as well as best time of day and day of week for your particular product to get the most bids.

Auctiva:

Does free templates, hosts your pictures, lets you schedule without paying any eBay fees other than the standard insertion and gallery fees

9. shrinkwrapped1 says:

Whenever you list an item on eBay, you can use the eBay Giving Works program to donate 10% to 100% of the final sale price to one of the nearly 11,000 nonprofits registered to benefit.

[givingworks.ebay.com]

10. Kifune says:

Great! I’ve got a few things up at the moment, as well, and will post some more tonight.

11. BloggyMcBlogBlog says:

Anybody got any 17-19″ LCD monitors?

12. spidra says:

Sorry, Bloggy. I have one but I’m not selling it.

However, I have a couple things I’ve scheduled to go up at 10:15am PDT. I hope I can add some more later.

[search.ebay.com]

My user name is “spidra” on Ebay as well.