Watch Out For Poison Colgate

Watch out for Colgate toothpaste laced with the same sugary substance found in antifreeze. Counterfeit Colgate has showed up on some northeastern discount store shelves.

The 5 oz of poison can be identified by these tell-tale package misspellings:

isclinically
South AfrLca
South African Dental Assoxiation

— BEN POPKEN

Imported Toothpaste Recalled in 4 States [Good Morning America]

Comments

1. The Bigger Unit says:

Hold on here…the “South African Dental Assoxiation” cannot be trusted to approve quality toothpaste? What next, the “Chinese Dental Assoxiation” can’t be trusted either?!

2. homerjay says:

If they’re gonna counterfeit, why wouldn’t they just go all the way and say it was made in USA??

3. woodenturkey says:

Wow I just admitted a lady to the ER who had this tooth paste, her aunt had brought here some here (Alabama) from NY. I looked at the package and saw where it was manufactured in Zimbabwe. Why bother putting a correct country of origin on a counterfeit product?

4. TOOTHPASTE = POISON

@homerjay: I don’t get it either. Maybe it was an accident like “isclinically”.

5. FatLynn says:

I like the part where the Colgate rep is quoted as saying “Counterfeit toothpaste is not manufactured or distributed by Colgate”.

Um, yes, that is what makes it counterfeit.

6. AlteredBeast (blaming the OP one article at a time.) says:

Perhaps the logic, the reason why your local dollar store as these odd looking, very cheap tubes of toothpaste is because they are surpluss from another country. It kinda makes some sense…sorta….

7. Nytmare says:

Not spending %5 for a once-over proofreading is how they bring you vast saving on every tube. That, and the poisonous chemicals.

8. rawsteak says:

I think you have to put your priorities straight… like when you decide a cheaper brand of toothpaste is ok for your teeth because at the bare minimum, it was approved by one of the leading dental groups in the world: the South African Dental Assoxiation…

9. shdwsclan says:

Why do we brush our teeth anyways……?

And why is colgate being approved by the South African Dental Assoxiation….im axing[must be a black thing] yall…

10. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

But..but..it’s approved by the South AfrLcan Dnetal Assocaitoin! And to think, all these years I trusted them!

11. hoo_foot says:

Prior to these toothpaste scares, I never kept the actual toothpaste box after opening it. Looks like I’m going to start keeping them next time I buy a new tube of toothpaste.

In light of the recent scares, I wish companies would post release what information should appear on a legitimate product. When I’m buying toothpaste at the store, how I supposed to know that “Made in ___” isn’t suspicious? Mispelled words are suspicious, obviously, but the counterfeiters will eventually get better.

I’m also glad that I stopped using Colgate a few weeks ago.

12. Havok154 says:

I thought it was weird when my toothpaste said it “contained Ant1fr33z3″ I thought colgate was just trying to be hip.

13. M3wThr33 says:

I used to walk with my friends through dollar stores and play games where we look at a product and come up with the knock-off name, like Culgate or Poopsi.

14. JDAC says:

@M3wThr33:

I took the Poopsi challenge. Turns out I really do prefer Coak.