A guy may come to your door pitching the fabulous savings you’ll get by switching to an energy reseller. But before you sign on the line which is dotted, ask these questions:
• Are the prices fixed, or will they fluctuate based on market factors?
• Is a longer-term contract available with a lower price?
• Are there monthly service charges?
• Do the prices include taxes?
• Are there contract termination fees?
• Will supply and delivery charges be combined on one bill or will there be two bills?
• Does it require a security deposit?
Don’t want to open your bill the next month and get a “shock.” — BEN POPKEN