Contact UNUM CEO Thomas Watjen

UNUM Life Insurance Group
Thomas Watjen, CEO
twatjen@unum.com
1 Fountain Sq.
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Phone: 423-294-1011 (press 1 to dial by name, punch in WATJEN and #, this will get you to Joe Watjen, but then you ask for the office of Thomas Watjen)
Fax: 423-294-3962

— BEN POPKEN

RELATED: How To Ninja Through Executive Customer Service

Comments

1. Negative says:

Wow! That email address might be a little too discriptive twatjen@unum.com

2. John says:

@Negative:
    That was my first thought too! What an unfortunate email address….

3. aarrgghh says:

Ben, Thank you so much for this contact info. I searched for this guy and I was not certain if he was in Tenn or Maine. This company “settled” a multi-state lawsuit and was ordered to “reasses” claims that were denied. This process is supposed to be monitored by government regulators. I have been unable to find out who theses people are! Unum “doesnt know” and the NY AG’s office keeps sending me form letters. Can you assist on finding out who is watching this “regulated reassment” and who to complain to on that level?

4. aarrgghh says:

Ben, I called the number posted and the dial by name no longer works for Joe Watjen. It states subscriber name not valid. It also states not all names are accessable this way. OK so I get to generic operater and ask for him. I am asked name and what it pertains to. I stated my name and my consulting business name pleasantly and matter of factly. Thanked operator for assistance. Operator came back on and asked if this was business or personal and a little more about my call. I told her it is personal (IT IS VERY PERSONAL NOW) and if I could speak with his assistant. She placed me on hold again. I was then transferred to Rene Gibbs his assistant. She informed me he was traveling this week and would be back on Monday. Very nice. I will follow up next week!

5. traezer says:

Is it just me, or does he kinda look like Ted Danson?

6. bohemian says:

The email address is appropriate. Google the terms “Unum” and “Gaslighting”. It will provide you with hours of reading of the sick, sadistic practices this company does to the disabled and sick.
    They should have been shut down during that last episode.

7. katrinavt says:

As ashamed as I am to admit it, I worked for this company for several years. While there, a co-worker’s brother died in a car accident. He had life insurance through Unum and they came up with some cockamamie excuse not to pay his claim to his wife and two children; they could barely pay for his funeral. Just one of many examples I could share of this company’s incompetence and pitiful ethics. They are very sneaky with the wording in their contracts and use that to “legally” deny many people their rightful compensation.

8. aarrgghh says:

any thoughts on who to direct complaints to for the reassment? government compliance regulators? who is in charge of this?@bohemian:

9. aarrgghh says:

@katrinavt: any thoughts on how to sue them successfully or who to complain to that will get results? what is thier weakness or vunerability?