You’re too far in debt …
1. If you can’t remember the last time you had zero balances on all your credit cards.
2. If your FICO score is below 650.
3. If you don’t remember what you bought on your credit card last month.
4. If you don’t really know how many coffees, teas, soft drinks or snacks you buy every week.
5. If you use your credit card for utilities, food, snacks and so on, and you’re not doing it to earn frequent flier or bonus points.
6. If you have money in a 401(k), but you have to live on your credit cards in order to put it there.
7. If you have no money in any sort of general savings account.
8. If you’re still paying for restaurant meals you can’t remember eating.
9. If you have to take a cash advance from one credit card to make a payment on another one.
10. If you ever held a garage sale to raise money to make credit card payments.
Ouch, that’s not you is it? Discuss. —MEGHANN MARCO