Casey Serin Shutters Foreclosure Blog

IAmFacingForeclosure.com got foreclosed.

Casey Serin, the 24 year old who bought 8 homes in an attempt to fix n’ flip, and then started a blog about his ridiculous schemes to get out of $170,000 in debt without having to do any real work, has stopped blogging.

A note on his site now reads:

IamFacingForeclosure.com is over. It will never return.

Advertisers: Feel free to cancel your PayPal subscription. I will be issuing pro-rated refunds this week.

Everybody: I’m very sorry to end like this.

Thanks to all the supporterz, haterz and everyone who wrote about me. You guys made the last 9 crazy months of blogging possible.

You may contact me or join my mailing list here.

Casey Serin
May 31, 2007

Perhaps being profiled by Cnet as “the world’s most hated blogger” had something to do with it. Goodbye, Casey. Now it’s time to get a job, you schmuck. If these two recent pictures from his Flickr account are to be believed, and connected, he already has… in the exciting field of real estate! — BEN POPKEN

Thousand Bucks Kitchen Table! and The Real Estate Investor Manbag [Casey’s photostream]
IamFacingForeclosure.com [Official Site] (Thanks to Aaron!)

PREVIOUSLY:
When Will Casey Serin Pay For Embodying The Worst Of The Housing Bubble Burst?
Posterboy For The Housing Bust

Comments

1. l951b951 says:

Actually, I think he signed a contract with his wife to start bringing in money legitimately within a few weeks or else he would close the blog and get a real job.

Looks like money didn’t fall from the sky and so he’s going to get a real job.

And a Jamba Juice.

2. foghat81 says:

couldn’t have happened to a nice f*cknut

3. dbeahn says:

Watch for “IamFacingHavingToGetaRealJob.com” coming soon! It’s the story of a guy with a blog that signed a contract with his wife but has a bunch of crazy schemes to get out of it…

4. Antediluvian says:

Please stop mentioned this dipshit by name.

Good riddance, and may you soon be nothing more than an annoying footnote.
    ——————————————————
    There should be a sign:
         Please do not feed the ego.

5. Falconfire says:

@Antediluvian: no no I think his name should be EVERYWHERE as a example of the type of people who SHOULD kill themselves.

Ultimately his face needs to end up in the dictionary next to the word moron.

6. dohtem says:

Shame on him for putting his wife through this nonsense and coming out with nothing to show.

She’s a hottie too

7. E-Bell says:

@dohtem: Wow, you’re right. She’s beautiful. Maybe he should be featured on Hot Chicks With Douchebags (if he hasn’t already).

8. mopar_man says:
  9. tracilyns says:

did anyone look at his flickr pics and see the one titled “the tricks inside the bag?” there are a TON of credit cards in the picture. whether or not they are actually his is another question, but still…

damn, boy…how many credit cards do you need?

10. Antediluvian says:

@Falconfire: Absolutely not. This vain, self-centered egotistical bastard doesn’t care what he did or to whom. Remember his actions and learn from them, but do not repeat his name. Like the douche who issued illegal DMCA takedown notices to everyone who posted a photo of him captured from a Fox News broadcast, his name should be relegated to the Internet dustbin while his misdeeds should be recounted as a lesson in megalomania.

This should be the Internet equivalent of shunning.

11. myrall says:

Even after reading everything about him, I’m still not totally convinced that this isn’t a major scam so he can write a book ala JT Leroy…

12. bambino says:

Either that or the book deal came in. I hope that’s not the case though.

13. skittlbrau says:

Casey was mentioning his book deal stuff earlier, but it sounded suspiciously like a vanity press.

there’s more info re: his shenannigans at http://www.caseypedia.com and exurbannation.blogspot.com. makes for some entertaining reading.

14. rmz says:

He fubared his book deal when he signed a contract with the “No Limits Ladies” granting them full rights to his story and all proceeds from anything even remotely related to his tale or his business. When his book publisher found out about this, they apparently backed out on the book deal because they wanted to avoid legal battles.

15. Secularsage says:

I’ve always wondered if this guy is for real or if, in this day of viral marketing and lonelygirl15, if he’s a character who’s eventually going to be drawing our attention to some product or service. He seems too ridiculous to be real.

But then again, the Internet is full of people who love being in the spotlight, no matter how negative their time there is…

16. Joafu says:

Perhaps he was lonelygirl15 at some point, before his first house buy.

17. benchman says:

I followed the blog for awhile for its pure entertainment and absurdity value and it seems he had to shut it down because he broke a contract with his wife. He mentioned on a posting that he won’t discuss anything related to her anymore. The two weeks later he did. hehe

18. cp87 says:

All it says now is “I’m sorry,” but there is some stuff in the html that isn’t visible on the page.
    —–
    I am Facing Foreclosure Story is Over.

It will never be back as we knew it.

Everybody: I’m very sorry to end like this. I wish I could say a lot more, but it all came down to choosing between my wife and this blog. As much as I resented having to make this choice, I love my wife and am trying to do the right thing. May God help me move on and help us rebuild our lives.

Thanks: to all the “haterz” (original, biggest, funniest) and to all the “supporterz” (original, longest, mixed) and everyone else who linked to me. You guys made the last 9 crazy months of blogging possible. (Sep 5th, 2006 – May 30th, 2007). Remember to keep it Sweet!

Press:

More: My photos, videos (here, here and here) and podcasts are still up (for now).

You may contact me or join my mailing list here.

Casey Serin

“It’s All Good!”

—–

19. zibby says:

@dohtem: Eh, I can’t go much farther than “cute” on that. And it might just be a really good photo, I’d need to see moar.

20. IRSistherootofallevil says:

Maybe he should just declare bankruptcy and move on.

21. IRSistherootofallevil says:

Note to self: those ge rich by flipping houses thing only works when the real estate market bubble is NOT about to burst, you have enough cash inflows to support yourself if/when everything turns south, and have a good eye for real estate.

22. dohtem says:

@IRSistherootofallevil: Exactly. This guy got in when the boom was over, looking to make it big.

Tsk… he was 3 years late to the party, looking to get some caek and pointy cone hats.

23. itmustbeken says:

He should consider a new, Web 2.0 site whereby readers, paying a small PayPal fee, are allowed to control a robotic arm which will slap him about the face and head. The more you pay, the harder that Peter Tork blond head would go snapping back.

(yeah, Peter Tork reference…kickin’ it old school. It’s how I roll)

24. zibby says:

A cock punching is what this guy needs.

25. Smashville says:

Hmm…maybe I’ll foreclose on his wife…

26. Jesse in Japan says:

Maybe we should put this guy on suicide watch… then again, maybe not.

27. crazylady says:

@tracilyns: my rss reader saved the image for me (it’s private now on his flickr): http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4153/52021968668d552f66

That must be upwards of 20 cards..

28. Kalik says:

Oh thank god the dooshbag quit blogging! I could not STAND his annoying, self-pretentious drivel!!!