Stick It To The Smartass Cable Tech

Sick of the cable guy stealing 5 hours of your life? Turnabout is fair play in this lightly amusing video (which also happens to be an ad for Haggar, makers of some kind of khaki pants marketed towards suburban dads who do work around the house and don’t take anyone’s guff).

Thing is, though, it’s not the tech’s fault the dispatch system is messed up. — BEN POPKEN

(Thanks to Dr. Tweeker!)

Comments

1. Uriel says:

Thats what that asshole gets for looking like Orlando Bloom.

2. Starfury says:

That is one of the best commercial’s I’ve seen in a long time. If I didn’t get to wear jeans to work every day I’d buy some Haggar slacks.

3. homerjay says:

Man, swipe one pair of Haggar slacks and you’re paying for it for the rest of your life.

4. homersays says:

Haha, nice Krusty quote Homerjay!

I saw this commercial for the 1st time last night and thought it was great. It’s like that Seinfeld episode where Kramer avoids the cable guy.

I wish I could pull this off but everytime I call TWC, its because they screwed something up and I need them to fix it.

5. North of 49 says:

I Love it!!!

6. faust1200 says:

Any excuse to say one of my favorite words I’m takin’ Action-slacks action-slacks action-slacks!

7. ShadowFalls says:

That is a pretty funny commercial. Sad that most commercials are complete and utter crap. At least this one here makes a point while entertaining its viewers at the same time.

8. CumaeanSibyl says:

@nerodiavolo: Love-child of Orlando Bloom and Kevin Federline, more like.

9. oldhat says:

Some commercials are fine additions to pop culture. Brilliant, short, memorable, funny. Good stuff.

Most commercials are terrible, unwatchable.

If commercials were better, I wouldn’t fast forwards through them MERCILESSLY.

10. affidavid says:

“Thing is, though, it’s not the tech’s fault the dispatch system is messed up.”

Perhaps, but the tech’s crappy attitude is the icing on the cake. I bet that line’s not in the training manual.