Sirius Satellite Radio CEO: "We Suck Less!"

In an effort to make our self-imposed job of nicknaming America’s CEOs easier, Sirius Satellite Radio CEO Mel Karmazin took Sirius’ annual shareholder meeting as an opportunity to announce that Sirius “sucked less” than XM radio. Mel’s exact words were, “We suck less.”

We don’t currently find ourselves in a position to speak intelligently on the topic of which satellite radio service sucks more, but we do appreciate Mel’s, uh, frankness.. —MEGHANN MARCO

Sirius Satellite Radio Boss: ‘We Suck Less!’ [Fox News]

Comments

1. rbf2000 says:

Well, after XM’s debacle with O&A, and their service outage, I would say that it would be hard to suck more than XM.

2. Hoss says:

He was being candid about his stock price. Shareholders respect that — if he said it about his product they would castrate him

3. minneapolisite says:

I say thumbs up to Karmazin. I’m personally an XM fan (prefer the programming), but I can certainly appreciate a CEO who tells it like it is to the shareholders.

4. VG10 says:

I love my sirius.

5. foghat81 says:

Sirius rocks and Mel is the man. As a stockholder in both companies, I’m excited to see what could happen with him in charge of a merged entity. Let him work his magic

6. shiznannigan says:

Wait, didn’t Sirius BUY XM?

7. d0x says:

I used to have XM and then I switched to Sirius when Stern moved there…I gotta agree they suck alot less.

Better music, better talk radio, better customer service. One of my radios was stolen from my car about a year after i bought it. I called up Sirius to inform them so they could shut it off and they did just that, then they credited me for 2 months and sent me a new radio free of charge.

8. Xkeeper says:

A friend of mine has Sirius radio, and from my experiences with him and it, I’m considering getting myself one when I can afford it. It’s pretty nice.

But “We suck less”? That’s classic.

9. szamot says:

…. so this is the 21 Century, we are most likely are going to colonize the moon and people PAY to listen to the radio, in this day and age pay to listen to the radio. Someone needs to give their head a shake. Honestly. What’s next – re-mastered 8 track tapes?

I would sooner read Jane Austin than listen to the radio.