Great Moments In Commercial History: Harris Pest Control

Mark writes:

Here’s one for your entertaining recurring segment. This is a pest control ad that only seems to air on Comcast Detroit Cable as none of my suburban friends ever get to see it. Reason enough to endure Detroit’s high taxes and incompetent City Council!

His current ad is equally head-scratching as it’s just him dancing to Kool Moe Dee’s “I Go To Work” and doesn’t even mention pest control. It just has his phone number. If you call perhaps he just comes over and stomps all the bugs and rodents to music or he assumes he’s a household name now.

This may be the greatest thing we’ve ever seen. Please, someone send in the new one.

If you’d like to nominate a commercial for our weekly series “Great Moments In Commercial History” send us an email at tips [at] consumerist [dot] com. Be sure to put “Great Moments In Commercial History” in the subject. To see other commercials that have been featured in the series, click here. —MEGHANN MARCO

Comments

1. gibbersome says:

0.o

2. faust1200 says:

I would rather have the roaches in my home.

3. MentalDisconnect says:

Is that the same man?

4. mrdelayer says:
  5. kakashisan says:

Oh. My. God.

I honestly can’t think of anything else to say after seeing that…

6. homerjay says:

I feel like I should be offended, but I’m not sure why….

7. mac-phisto says:

uh. wow.

8. Jon Parker says:

I would totally hire him after that.

9. The Bigger Unit says:

Disturbing, to say the least. I think we’ve all had a glimpse into that dude’s personal life…just a little bit. And it’s frightening.

10. skittlbrau says:

ah… its moments like this that i miss detroit.

then i remember the bad traffic, impotent city council, and constantly race-baiting politics and the feeling passes.

11. Islingtonian says:

YES!!!! this was my favorite thing when i worked in detroit! there are a ton of other fantastically bad commercials on the detroit airwaves, i’ll have to have a look for them on youtube…

12. smd31 says:

Wow….

Yeah that’s all I can say/think of right now…

13. spanky says:

I wish I lived in Detroit and had roaches.

14. lestat730 says:

I find it very strange that he dresses like a woman and acts like a complete fool, yet thinks this act will be worth his advertising dollars and result in new business. Not only that, but after his idiotic act he appears well dressed in a suit and acts like the previous segment never happened. One thing is for sure, I wouldn’t let that guy into my house if he was the last exterminator in the world!