Nested Comments Will Remain Optional

We kicked the idea up the ladder about hardcoding nested comments into the site but the powers that be have decided firmly against it for now.

So it will remain a user-side option for Firefox/Greasemonkey or Opera users.

If you want to give it a shot, instructions are here. — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. bambino says:

Well, the powers that be can take my comment & nest it then!

Kidding aside, sucks for us mandatory IE users.

2. rekoil says:

How about a checkbox option somwhere that’s stored as a client-side cookie?

3. roche says:

Not a fan of the nested comments myself.

4. Jigen says:

@: @:

5. swalve says:

Nested comments are completely necessary in some areas, but here it’s not. This is a single thread about a single topic. I agree, nesting is unnecessary in this case.

6. Bay State Darren says:

It was working last night and this morning for me, but not now. Anybody help me on this?

7. asherchang says:

i have to get an addon? sigh.

8. Xkeeper says:

I don’t think nested comments would work without an overhaul of how they look, myself. The current system of just inserting a comment into another one is ugly and nt much sense… how Slashdot threads quotes — minus the “hiding” — would be a good idea (no border, just plain indentaion instead of puttin gthem in the same box, etc).

Just my opinion, but past that I’m kinda glad comemnts stay like this. Adding an option to quote another user would be dandy, though.

Because some people just deserve “s.

9. proginoskes says:

“So it will remain a user-side option for Firefox/Greasemonkey or Opera users.”

IE users are not excluded. As I said in the last thread about this … to utilize Greasmonkey scripts.

10. proginoskes says:

“So it will remain a user-side option for Firefox/Greasemonkey or Opera users.”

IE users are NOT excluded. As I said in the last thread about this, IE users can use Trixie ( http://www.bhelpuri.net/Trixie/ ) to utilize Greasemonkey scripts.

(Moderator, please delete last mangled post in this thread and edit out this sentence if possible.)