8 Interviews With A Sprint Mole

Back in February, we posted a series of conversations we had with a very knowledgeable Sprint insider (he still has his job, by the way). Here’s a limited collector’s edition box set of our eight chats.

Gary Forsee, Sprint CEO, Is A Poopy Pants, A Bad Dancer, And He Reads The Consumerist All The Time
“…every article we write that has Sprint’s name on it gets put on the desk of Gary Forsee, CEO of Sprint.”

Sprint/Nextel Will Fire Any Employee Caught Participating In Blogs
“Be careful on the internet, Sprint leaks. Don’t want you to go for a smoke break and find your badge deactivated when you try to come back inside.”

No One Told Sprint Customer Care They Had To Let Customers Leave Contract Without Termination Fee Over Text Message Rate Raises
“benpopken: What does Sprint think of our “how to cancel without ETF posts” ?
philip: The honest truth? We laugh.”

Sprint Gives Better Adjustments To More Profitable Customers, Ranked On A Scale From One Dollar Sign To Five Dollar Signs
“The more money you make Sprint, the more likely they are to you adjustments on your bill when you ask for them, regardless of whether the adjustment is due to a Sprint error. In the computer, your “value indicator” is represented on a scale of one dollar sign to five dollar signs, with five being the highest.”

Why Sprint’s Customer Service Sucks: They Only Let Reps Adjust Billing Up To $3 Per Call (As An Average)
“Sprint has such shitty customer service because they don’t give customer service reps enough leeway to disburse billing adjustments, nor do they provide enough support…”

Sprint Will Cancel Service For CDMA Customers Who Roamed 50%+
“Mr/Ms Customer, I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. This is a final decision by Sprint and I have been given no ability to reverse the actions outlined in the letter you received.”

No Bonuses This Year, Everyone’s Gotta Buckle Down, Except For The Executives
“An employee had the balls to ask, “So compensation for specialists and managers is being reduced to somewhere around 0%… despite having less resources and assistance to do more work and achieve higher goals. Will these compensation cuts be the same at the executive level?””

Why Sprint Can’t Fire Gary Forsee: A Known Bad Is Better Than An Unknown Worse
“Everyone who was in a position to get him removed has retired, resigned, or been terminated… There is no one in the company shareholders would trust to replace him.”

— BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. nickripley says:

Why do people even use companies they are so disgusted with? It seems every cell phone company is pretty terrible. So… maybe vote with your dollar? Maybe don’t have a cell phone? You don’t really need one.

Side note: Who wants to take bets on how long it takes for the mobile phone industry in the USA to get in some kind of trouble for price fixing?

2. Nekoincardine says:

@nickripley: I’ve had good experience with local, independent small cell phone companies, but I’m in Alaska where there’s approximately OVER NINE THOUSAND cell phone companies competing with each other. If only there were more of the small options in the lower 48… Who here really needs a national network? THAT is the question we SHOULD be asking.

3. asherchang says:

4. ernest7032 says:

My problem with Sprint emerged because I am one of a large number of Citi credit card holders placed at risk by a hacker’s data theft. Citi issued me a new card number which I needed to communicate to Sprint to assure continuous automatic payment of my cell telephone bill. Sprint customer service was so consistently poor that I concluded, after multiple failures, help would likely be available on the Internet. A search engine found the Consumerist and their site led to a Sprint telephone number that was answered by a live person who was in the wrong group to solve my problem but did promise to switch me to the correct operator. But the chosen destination only serviced Nextel and, with a heavy heart, I was promptly re-routed to customer service where I had previously held on and off for approximately two hours. All is well that ends — I finally did connect with a person that solved my problem. Regardless of Sprint’s oft repeated message on hold to the contrary, Sprint really does not perform as if it values their customer’s time.

Perhaps Sprint does not allocate sufficient budget to its call center and web page to service its customer base. In my judgment it does not adequately train and organize its representatives. If Sprint does allocate sufficient resources in these areas the jobs of responsible upper level managers should be in peril. Sprint’s wireless technology seems first rate but poor customer service must be impeding its potential customer growth.

Sprint gives callers the usual notice that conversations may be monitored for quality assurance purposes but top level management should wonder if the monitored data is formulated in a manner permitting those responsible for operations to correct problems. Software that provides quality monitoring, management and insight from interactions using advanced analytics, is available from Nice Systems Ltd. or one of its competitors. Considering the value of a point of presence Sprint should investigate.

5. vikonava says:

First of all… well im a sprint ex-employee not officially worked for sprint, why did i said that? Because Sprint pays third-party busineses that have call centers to get Agents and fullfill all customers expectatives, about monitoring, since I worked there on about 4 months i was just monitored about 8 times, so that gets you to thing what if I tricked the others selling them stuff they dont need but I get paid…

Sprint’s Campaign has an strict 6-week training campaing in which they teach you to SELL or trick customers to BUY THINGS since sometimes customers didnt hear what agents said after the problem is solved they just said “okay” or “Okay, But In Two Hours Will My Phone Work” and thats what we got paid for… the most of the income gets from sales because the company which I was working (Not Sprint, a Third Party Company that Received Sprint Calls And Trained Sprint Agents) I got paid around $250 for every 15 days of work, 36 hours per week, but with sales i got almos $1,000 on a 15 days of work. So we dont get paid to much so we must sell or trick to sell so we get a good payment.

6. vikonava says:

and about the trasnfers, sometimes you get transfered because you need to check if you are really calling Sprint Customer Service (*2 from the sprint phone), all iDEN (Nextel) and CDMA (Sprint) Accounts are not together, they are working to get them together, if you call to Sprint Customer Service and they tell you your account has been transfered to a better system, or to maintainance department or something like that means your account has been sent to the new system called UBP in which the goal is to have all Sprint/Nextel accounts together