Sell Your Old Cellphone Online

Here’s an alternative to throwing away your old cellphone, selling it on ebay or craigslist, or donating it to charity.

Sites like Simplysellular, cellforcash, and phoneiscash buy old cellphones from consumers and resell them to brokers.

Check ‘em out if you don’t want to go through the hassle of trying to find a buyer for your old cellphone. — BEN POPKEN

Selling Your Cell Phone: A Look at Your Options [KMull]
Used cellphones fit the bill for many [USAToday]
(Photo: Tengaport)

Comments

1. Nicholai says:

I collect cell phones! give’em to me!

2. PatrickIs2Smart says:

Quick work, Ben… ;-) Thanks!

3. TinaB says:

I tried with a couple different manufacters on all three sites, and phoneiscash seems to pay the most. A three year old phone for $26? Sweet!

4. ColoradoShark says:

I’m still waiting for my $6 from SimplySellular from a year ago.
    Try someone else.

5. flyover says:
  6. Sudonum says:

I returned my 3 year old i530 to Nextel when I received my new phone and got a $25 credit on my bill.

7. RonDiaz says:

I’m in the market for a Sprint phone if you don’t even want to go to eBay. ;)

But the post is right, I’d reccomend anyone go to eBay to buy a replacement phone vs. using those scammy replacement plans.

8. b612markt says:

I would recommend against using one of these sites – they’re likely to give you a lower price for your phone than you could make off of ebay. I can’t imagine that a middleman would give you the same amount of $ for your old phone as an end-user on ebay would. Just last week I sold four cellphones on eBay and it was painless and profitable!

9. LAGirl says:

it’s totally worth to try and sell your cell. i sold my last cell phone on ebay for $100.

10. 2Legit2Quit says:

Yea, SimplySellur still owes me $25 for two phones i previously donated at least a year ago.

Just ebay it, you can make a HELL of a deal for your phone. I got about $110 before for my Samsung A670! However, remember to reset the phone and erase all data, and also to clear your ESN (Verizon and Sprint) so that the person you sell it to can use the phone.

11. dragonpup says:

Make sure you wipe all the data on those phones before you sell them.