Streamlight Flashlights Keep The Torch Burning For Lifetime Warranty Service

Kristoff got a Streamlight flashlight from his cousin but the switch wasn’t working quite right.

The flashlight is supposed to have a lifetime warranty so he asked their customer service and they told him to send it in.

He got it back not only fixed for free, but the lens and battery were also replaced, a $30-$50 value.

Neato torpedo! — BEN POPKEN

Streamlight [KristofersBlog]

Comments

1. Moosehawk says:

Neato Torpedo?

Sounds like some cheesy line from some 80s commercial.

2. tinychicken says:

I always preferred “Neato Mosquito”” myself. To each his/her own.

3. PatrickIs2Smart says:

How ironic! I just got my Streamlight Stylus LED light back today. My dad gave it to me half-way working a couple years ago. I sent it in last week, and I got a new one in the mail today! Great customer service. =)

4. Greasy Thumb Guzik says:

I also had a great experience with them. The little piece of plastic that controls the switch on a pocket light broke & they sent me a whole new flashlight after I sent in the old one.
    Why don’t more companies act as responsibly?
    It’s not good for business, it’s great for repeat business!

5. heh. Neato Torpedo. I like it. It’s nifty. Or rad.

6. FLConsumer says:

SureFire & Streamlight both have great service and make great lights! Many of the quality (read: NOT Mag-lite) professional/law enforcement / tactical flashlight companies offer this level of service. I dropped my Safelite PAL light from a 50 foot height onto concrete. The 9v battery inside actually shattered and the lens had a small chip on the edge. Safe-light’s factory is nearby, so I stopped by and they replaced the optic AND upgraded the LED & circuit board at no extra charge, even with the old one perfectly working.

7. J.T Dabbagian says:

Just wondering, are Streamlights better then Maglites, out of opinion?

8. Matrix2112 says:

I am not a shill, I can only speak from experience.

Streamlight products are amazing and built to last, I carry one at work and a spare at home.

The first Stylus I bought lasted 3 years with like 4 battery changes. This is after being dropped countless times including directly onto the LED face and fracturing the bulb (They have since fixed this with a slick ABS housing) and then I was able to superglue the bulb and it worked fine until the moment I lost it. :)

The only downside is finding the tiny AAAA batteries, but one fresh set lasts 4 months.

Also, if you pry the cover open on a 9V battery you have 6 unauthorized AAAA batteries. ;)

Overall, I love their products and am happy that they believe enough to carve a serial number into their products and take support seriously.

I truly carry one with me at all times.

Love reading the Consumerist.

Matrix2112 (First post)

9. Edinboron says:

Streamlight puts out a brighter light than the Maglight. The Maglight is heavier and better for hitting someone. That is for the 2-3 D cell size.

10. pestie says:

I got yer neato torpedo right here!!

11. Papercutninja says:

Asking whether or not a Streamlight/Surefire is better than a Maglite is like asking if a brand-new Mercedes is better than a 1986 Ford Taurus. Certainly the Maglite is well-built, but the Surefire/Streamlights are in a completely different class. And also awesome. I recommend the Surefire Nitrolon G2. It’s cheap, light and will blind the HELL out of someone.

12. Floobtronics says:

These guys are a-ok in my book. A few years back, I did some work for them on their Internet firewall, and the guy there sent me home with one of their Stinger flashlights, the home charger & a car charger at no charge. I did offer to pay, of course, but they would not hear of it.

These lights were (at the time) being bought in insanely large quantity by the LAPD, since they provide the same (or more) light than the monster 4-D maglites, in a MUCH smaller package, which also weighs much less (primarily for PR value, I’m sure).

Nothing but good things to say about Streamlight.