Retailmenot Coupon Site Redesigned: Prettier, More Useful

Retailmenot, the online coupon site built by the same fine folks behind BugMeNot, have kicked up their design and usability with a fresh new look.

Gone is the Dimetapp purple and tiny boxes, replaced with a clear and shiny color scheme. It’s still got the buttons so you can vote on whether the coupons work or not, handy for those expiring or tempermental coupons, but of course they’re prettier.

More than superficial changes, the new site also offers a new FireFox extension for new coupon/savings notifications when you’re browsing online retailers. The addition of comments by each coupon will allow readers to share more details about the code’s vagaries. And a new popularity-ranking function lets you see which coupons are being most used.

Check it out, coupon hunting that won’t make you go blind. — BEN POPKEN

RetailMeNot [Official Site]

Comments

1. homerjay says:

I love that site. Saves me a bunch of money– mostly on snapfish.

2. solarcanine says:

Too bad The Consumerist article has pushed enough traffic their way to take their server down…

3. Ben Popken says:

@solarcanine: Seems fine to me.

4. ShadeWalker says:

mmm… dimetapp…

5. Juliekins says:

They appear to be doing better now, but I did get a “server too busy, try again later” message earlier.

I adore retailmenot. (Bugmenot too.) It has saved me a ridiculous amount of money since it came into existence, so I try to contribute coupon codes whenever I get them. It is so nice to have a non-spammy source for coupon codes. Googling for the damn things usually gets eight zillion ad-banner (and probably drive by download) filled sites with the same four expired codes on them.

I really like the new look. I hope the forums don’t get filled up with “FREE XBOX360 OMG!!111!!!!1″ posts that link to offers that ultimately decimate your credit and sign you up for unneeded scammy services. I’ve seen a few of those just this morning.

6. monkeyboy says:

I keep getting “Access Denied” and Nearlyfreespeech.net messages whenever I click on a link on the main site.

Anyone else have this issue?

7. @solarcanine: They’ve been consumed.

8. oops, hit submit too soon. Its kinda like being slashdotted or dugg or farked or boinged.

9. Joseph12 says:

Who doesn’t like saving money? Especially cheep geeks like me who squeeze the very last penny out of the retailers.

It’s a cool site but i like CouponAlbum; one of the sites that helped me save good amount of money by applying coupons on top of already discounted products.