McDonalds Sells More Chicken Than KFC

Who knew? McDonalds is now the largest seller of chicken in the US, according to Bill Lamar, McDonald’s U.S. marketing chief. Yum! Brands (KFC’s parent company) spokesperson Laurie Schalow, countered with the fact that KFC still sells more chicken per store.

Children, children. Can’t we all get along? —MEGHANN MARCO

McDonald’s sells more chicken than KFC [AZCentral]
(Photo: Morton Fox)

Comments

1. ptkdude says:

ok… this picture contains neither chicken nor barbeque sauce.

2. superlayne says:

Who cares? I won’t eat from either.

3. ChewySquirrel says:

oh course kfc sells more chicken per store, i mean what else can you get?

4. 2Legit2Quit says:

i just threw up in my mouth a little after looking at that picture.

In other news – 18 piece Boneless Honey BBQ Wings for $10 cannot be beat @ KFC. That’s heaven in a box.

5. Falconfire says:

more chicken how? chicken Mcnuggets are 75% corn

6. fuckdiggggggggg says:

Black people always eat the grossest food ….

7. kenposan says:

@fuckdiggggggggg: WTF??

I like KFC but my local place can’t ever seem to have what I want. “The truck is late” “We just ran out” “It will be ten minutes on that”.

8. Scazza says:

KFC will be gone in a matter of years. They have been closing up stores left and right, and I don’t know anyone who still eats there anymore.

You couldn’t pay me to eat there now adays, even if their skin/batter-stuff is the most heavenly tasting thing I can remember…

9. gwong says:

@fuckdiggggggggg: I second kenposan’s WTF??

Scazza’s right – in New York City, it seems like a regular occurrence when a KFC closes down.

10. omgwtfbbq!

Now I’m hungry for some nuggets.

11. acceptablerisk says:

@Falconfire:

more chicken how? chicken Mcnuggets are 75% corn

Keep in mind, McDonalds second most popular menu item is the McChicken sandwich. Surely there’s some amount of chicken in there.

12. plim says:

is that before or after the water is pumped into the chicken? how about cooked or uncooked? too many ways this story could be read =)

13. fuckdiggggggggg says:

Yo, guys I didnt mean to be racist, I was auditioning for comments and since they didnt approve me the first time, I thought the hell with it and wrote that bc I was pissed off at the. Sorry everyone, Fuck Consumerist!

14. haha

15. fuckdiggggggggg says:

:( hangs head in shame, can consumerist please delete my post?

16. DeeHaney says:

I wonder if they ever sell parts of the same chicken? KFC takes what resembles meat, then McD uses the rest.

17. GitEmSteveDave says:

The “real” reason is that KFC doesn’t sell chicken. What they sell is a genetically altered creature that they invented. That’s why they had to change their name to KFC to eliminate the word “chicken”. If they didn’t, they would have been sued.

In all truthfulness, I think Mcd’s Mcnuggets used to be cut with a fish as a filler. then they switched to just chicken

18. mopar_man says:

As far as fast food chicken goes, I like Nuggets. The McDonald’s here has a special on every Monday from 4-8 PM where you get 20 nuggets for $2.69.

19. Cap'n Jack says:

If there was a Chik-Fil-A near me I would eat from there. But otherwise I have no problem eating from KFC, as long as it’s only once every month or two. McDonald’s I flat-out will not eat. It makes me sick to my stomach anyway. Haven’t eaten McD’s in 9 years.

20. @mopar_man: I also like the nuggets. It’s almost certainly for the best that I can’t actually get to a McDonalds anymore.

21. robbie says:

I would love to see a geographic breakdown of the sales of both chicken nuggets and chicken sandwiches at McDonalds. A McDoogle maps mashup.

22. larry_y says:

It’s chicken all right. Whether it’s meat is another story.

Seriously, when you see individual thighs, wings and skinless breasts in the supermarket, where do you think the rest of the chicken goes?

23. bluemeep says:

The Nugget-based Chicken Substitute Productâ„¢ that McDonalds sells is really only an intake method to get their Sweet & Sour sauce in me. They yell whenever I ask for an IV of it, so this is the next best solution.