Help Catch "The Leprechaun Bandit" Before He Robs A 6th Bank

A bank robber nicknamed “The Leprechaun Bandit” has been sticking up banks in Texas and the Fort Worth police are desperate to identify him. We’re not a crime blog or anything but “Leprechaun Bandit,” was too catchy to resist. Plus he’s robbed 5 banks and that’s not cool with us. After the 3rd bank you know it’s affecting the customer service. Anyone who wears a Notre Dame hat is likely to get tackled by an overzealous guard. From the Star-Telegram:

Lt. Dean Sullivan, police spokesman, said the freckled bank robber with reddish-brown hair earned his nickname because of the “Luck of the Irish” green and white baseball cap that he sometimes wears featuring a shamrock and leprechaun.

In the latest robbery, police say the man walked into the OmniAmerican Bank at 1000 Pennsylvania Ave. about 11:45 a.m., handed the teller a note demanding money and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Eventually his luck will run out,” Sullivan said.

If you know the “Leprechaun Bandit,” call the Fort Worth robbery unit at 817-392-4370 or Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS (817-469-8477). Don’t worry too hard about it though, your money is FDIC insured against Leprechaun related crime. —MEGHANN MARCO

‘Leprechaun Bandit’ hits fifth bank, police say [Star-Telegram]

Comments

1. ShadeWalker says:

the problem with bank robbers is that they get too cocky and greedy and the more robberies they commmit, the more likely they’ll be caught. don’t tell them that though.

2. kingoman says:

Looks like Danny Bonaduce to me.

3. B says:

Have they tried being nice to him? I hear that works.

4. JosephFinn says:

Any douchebag who wears a Notre Dame hat should get tackled, in my opinion. Especially if it’s Brady Quinn.

5. BillyMumphry says:

I’m surprised he could drive the getaway car. You know how the Irish are, what with the drinking and all.

6. mantari says:

An Irishman wearing a Notre Dame hat? What are the chances?!

7. nffcnnr says:

It kinda looks like DJ Lethal from House of Pain.

8. homerjay says:

I’m of Irish herritage and I am offended by the use of the term “Leprechaun Bandit”

Rest assured I will be contacting my lawyer concerneing this matter.

cc: legal@weddingdepot.com

9. Stepehn Colbert says:

better get the patty wagon ready to pounce

10. ‘They’re always trying to get me Lucky Charms.’

11. Oh god, the snark. My sides hurt now.

12. karmaghost says:

I don’t think that’s a Notre Dame hat, but you can still randomly tackle anyone who’s wearing one if you want.

13. KivaWolf says:

@Bon Jour, Pee Wee: Maybe he got pissed the fact that those kids kept taking his Lucky Charms and thought of a revenge plot on kidnapping the kid’s piggy banks until the kids give back his Lucky Charms… “They’re magically disgusting!”

14. TomK says:

You know, do we have to turn this site into america’s most wanted?

Help Catch “SCARY VILLIAN OF THE DAY” crap is great until you live in a fascist state. Not that I would dare insinuate online that the US is a fascist state or that our dear leaders and comrades are anything but benevolent.

I’m just saying that I come here for news on consumer issues. If I wanted to turn my spare attetional time to the two minute hate of the criminal of the day I’d watch nancy grace. Thanks eds.

I’m a relatively short time reader, but a few recent stories here have been of low quality. What’s up in the last week?

15. mac-phisto says:

hmm…he actually looks a little like julian day. perhaps this is part of radioshack’s recovery plan?

16. medalian1 says:

So long as he isn’t hurting anyone, I don’t care if he gets busted. Gotta keep the popo busy.

17. thrillhouse says:

There was a period of time in Austin when there were so many bank robberies by people wearing hats to hide there faces, that bank guards were forcing people to remove their hat before entering the bank.

Some of those cowboy hats looked like they hadn’t been removed in years.

That crook was only captured because he tried to rob the same bank twice… and got the same teller both times. You can bet she saw it coming the second time.