Morning Deals

Other Music: New online music store featuring 320kbps DRM-free high-quality indie and underground mp3s. $1.29/ track, $9.99-$12.99/album

Wine.woot: Stuart Cellars Temecula Trio for $49.99

Woot: Sony NW-S705 2GB MP3 Player with Noise canceling Headphones for $49.99

Highlights From Dealhack

Apple Store: Apple 1GB iPod Shuffle only $49 & 2GB nano $109 Shipped
Dell Business: Save $320: Dimension E521 Dual Core PC & 20-inch LCD Monitor $499 Shipped
Overstock.com: Dyson DC14 All Floors Vacuum $298 Shipped

Highlights From Bargainist

Buy.com: The $8.88 DVD Sale
Store: Farouk CHI Professional Ionic Hair Dryer $84.99
Amazon.com: Farberware Stylus 17-Piece Cookware Set $79.99

Comments

1. mfergel says:

Well, I took advantage of the WOOT but that MP3 music deal seems like a bust too me. Singles shouldn’t be more than $.99, and even that is a bit high if you ask me when you consider there is zero packaging, etc.

2. Ben Popken says:

@mfergel: A good deal of Other Music’s selection you won’t find at the iTunes store. Really good stuff. Plus that bitrate is nothing to sneeze at.

3. jackdangers says:

Other Music is an already cool brick-and-mortar store, and the digital store is looking just as great. They have a ton of small lable and import stuff that just plain isn’t available on iTunes or in big-box stores. 320kbps is (I believe) the highest bitrate mp3 playable on an iPod. And $1.29/track is comparable to what Apple will charge for their non-DRMd music once that is available.

As you can tell, I think its pretty swell.

4. l951b951 says:

Be careful with the Sony product on Woot. It is a SONY!!!
    It uses proprietary software to load music onto it (no drag and drop drive access), and if you use it to rip CDs onto it, it will attempt to use Sony’s proprietary ATRAC format.

Remember, Sony is the same company that offered the free rootkit with every CD purchase. Or forcing the BluRay disc onto every PS3 and jacking its price. Sony’s goal is to make everything proprietary instead of user friendly. Control the marketshare by format instead of competition.

5. mfergel says:

Yeah, I saw the proprietary software deal. Doesn’t bother me much. I don’t really use portables much (I have a Sandisc, but it’s only 256k). I can use this when I ride the motorcycle on long trips.

6. Hawkeye1659 says:

Got in on that Woot right before it sold out. Not a Sony fan but with built in noise cancelling earbuds, 2GB, and that sweet display I couldn’t hold off. This thing sells for $200 on Sony’s website. $50 was too good a deal to pass up.