The New York Times has a nifty calculator that will help you decide if its better to rent or buy. It told us that based on our rent vs what it would cost to buy a place similar to the one we rent…buying was only better after 24 years. Sobering news. —MEGHANN MARCO
Is it Better To Buy or Rent?
By Meg Marco April 12, 2007
More From Consumerist
- What You Should Know About Rent-To-Own Retail Models: Extra Costs, High Interest Rates
- Pet Rent: Why I And Millions Of Others Can’t Have Furry Companions
- Senator Calls On Regulators To Take Closer Look At Rent-To-Own Stores
- Fingerhut.com Uses Over-Inflated Retail Prices To Make Rent-To-Own Look Affordable
- Why Don’t Device Manufacturers Just Start Leasing Phones To Consumers?