The New York Times has a nifty calculator that will help you decide if its better to rent or buy. It told us that based on our rent vs what it would cost to buy a place similar to the one we rent…buying was only better after 24 years. Sobering news. —MEGHANN MARCO
Is it Better To Buy or Rent?
By Meg Marco April 12, 2007
More From Consumerist
- What You Should Know About Rent-To-Own Retail Models: Extra Costs, High Interest Rates
- Pet Rent: Why I And Millions Of Others Can’t Have Furry Companions
- Senator Calls On Regulators To Take Closer Look At Rent-To-Own Stores
- Crate And Barrel Closing NYC Flagship After 20 Years Because The Rent Is Too Darn High
- Should A Landlord Be Allowed To Repeatedly Offer Buyout Offers To Resistant Tenants?