Mice On A Plane: Search For Escaped Pet Mouse Grounds Flight For 4 Hours

A Vietnam Airlines flight was grounded for more than 4 hours while flight crews searched for an escaped pet mouse that had been spotted by a passenger. It is suspected to have been smuggled aboard by its owner, who has not been identified.The mouse was eventually found in the airplane’s food compartment.

A spokesperson for the airline said the mouse had to be located before take-off because it posed a threat to the safety of the plane. “We were afraid it might chew through some of the plane’s cables,” said the head of the airline’s safety department.

Sneaking animals on a plane? Not such a good idea. Then again, maybe it was just escaped food for the snakes.—MEGHANN MARCO

White mouse forces delay of Vietnam Airlines flight [USAToday]
White mouse grounds Vietnam Airlines flight [France24]
(Photo: Refracted Moments)

Comments

1. JRuiz47 says:

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherf##king mice on this motherf##king plance!

2. nweaver says:

They aren’t mice. its MotherF@#)ing Snake Food on this MotherF@#)(*ing plane

3. Athenor says:

Yaknow, I wonder if I’m gonna live to be 80, basking in the radioactive glow and global warming, and be making references to “Snakes on a Plane.”

I think the airline did a good thing, grounding the flight. Then again, putting out food for the mice might’ve helped, or bringing in a cat. I dunno. Four hours just seems.. really, really long.

4. hoang.to says:

Athenor
    or bringing in a cat“, then another 2 hours to find the cat. lol
    Nice idea though!

5. FLConsumer says:

6. Triteon says:

You know, the last place I’d look for a mouse is the food compartment.

7. dohtem says:

FLConsumer said: Wait… they delayed a VIETNAM Airlines plane for a mouse? The only reason they’d delay the flight would be to find the mouse and cook it for dinner. Vietnamese culture tends to cook and eat anything which walks on 4 legs.

People from the western world are the only ones that give other cultures shit about what they choose to eat. Get off your fucking pedestal.

8. Nemesis_Enforcer says:

@dohtem: Umm have you ever been to Asia? They eat some really nasty gross stuff. So to make fun of them for eating crazy stuff is just natural. You think they don’t make fun of us for eating what we do? As far as the Western world only making fun of other cultures lets take a look at France the frogs eat a ton of stuff that while very tasty most ppl would consider gross.

And before you call me out for being on ahigh horse..I grew up in the backwoods mountains of Virginia. I ate stuff as a kid that would turn your stomach. And when I was in Korea,Japan and the phillipines I tried a lot of stuff I would consider gross but I did it becuase it was thier culture. But you know what? I can still laugh at it even the stuff I ate.

So before getting on your soapbox lets take a look at the context of the joke which FLconsumer’s comments definatley were. And get a grip, everyone is wayyyy to sensitive around here lately.

9. Its tax season. Everybody is edgy.

10. Nemesis_Enforcer says:

@Holden Caulfield: haha not me I got my return’s in late Febuary…:)