Morning Deals

Highlights From Dealhack

Amazon: Guitar Hero II Kit with Game & Guitar $70 Shipped
Buy.com: Samsung SPP-2040 Photo Thermal Transfer Printer $16
Mwave: 2GB Secure Digital Card $12 & 1GB microSD $10

Comments

1. leftistcoast says:

I just tried the first free credit score link and, though I completed the ‘exam’ and received my free promotional code, I keep getting an error on http://www.myfico.com when I attempt to use the code. It tells me that the code is either invalid or expired. Anyone else have this problem?

2. leftistcoast says:

Strike that. Seems to be working now.

3. Baz says:

Code not working for me as well – website mentions that it only works for the first 5000 users…

4. Daemon_of_Waffle says:

It is a scam. They just want to get everyone’s personal information to use for future mass email/snail-mail spam.

5. orielbean says:

I have a WaMu/providian credit card that gives you your fico score every month for free. Not a bad deal at all. Sure is useful to see when it makes sense to start asking around for refinancing and loans n stuff.

6. aujahlisa says:

not relevant to this topic, but thank you for changing the color of the links. They are much easier to read!

7. Josh Smith says:

Just skip the test, their promo code doesn’t work.

The second link works! Good find!

8. leftistcoast says:

@Daemon_of_Waffle: If you’re concerned about spam, keep a separate email address for online registration…that’s what I do. And snail mail “spam” is easily recycled.

9. wildhobo says:

It worked for both my mom and I if we went through the first link and got the promo code and then use the second link to get the FICO score.

10. healthdog says:

The free FICO worked for me, even though I already have an account with myfico. Thanks, Consumerist! (Happy thumbs up photo)

11. eldergias says:

The Sears mattress pad is now out of stock. I was too slow :-(

12. juniper says:

That second link was golden… thanks for the free FICO report from TransUnion! I’ve been getting my free credit reports yearly, but knowing the actual score fills me with a little extra pride.

13. hardcle says:

Thanks for the free FICO score, Consumerist! I’d been planning to purchase one.

14. Thanks For the free FICO score, it helped a bunch!!