Clearance Items

Some Insight Customers Could Be Heading To Comcast [Broadband Reports]
One half of Insight Communication’s 1.3 million cable customers could soon become Comcast customers under a new deal being agreed to by the two companies.

Daily Show / Countdown Directv Tivo Problem [ LAist ]
It’s a disaster, Directv. We know when the first run of those shows are on.

Home Depot, Wal-Mart May Suffer as Mortgage Woes Hit Customers [Bloomberg]
Ynigues, 65, makes $2,800 a month as a self-employed music teacher. He says he eats once a day, has stopped paying his utility bills, and is late on payments for his home in Apple Valley, Minnesota, 20 miles south of St. Paul.

Wallet made from a computer keyboard [Instructables]
In all likelihood there is a keyboard within a few feet of you. Inside that keyboard there probably is a circuit sheet that makes for a surprisingly durable and thin material for making a wallet.

(Photo: KateMonkey)

Comments

1. Sudonum says:

That pic reminds me of “Boudreaux’s Butt Paste” sold here in south Louisiana. Good stuff for diaper rash BTW.

2. catnapped says:

“Home Depot, Wal-Mart May Suffer as Mortgage Woes Hit Customers”

GOOD GOSH–YA THINK?!?

You mean all those houses didn’t come with full-grown money trees in the backyard? I think those people got ripped off and should sue!

3. weave says:

Regarding the mortgage story, how the heck can an ARM go from 6.9% to 13% in three years? The Prime hasn’t changed that much.

You’d think maybe refinancing would help, but if he’s starting to miss payments he’s shot that chance.

Ignoring the problem won’t fix it. Time to bite the bullet and sell before more foreclosures come out and ruin the market, or if that is not an option (negative equity) start renting out rooms and find other sources of income. He needs to contact his lender quickly too, before they reach out and touch him.

What’s sad is, the market just could not sustain the increases and pretty much everyone knew it, so it was bound for a correction. But the correction is going to end up much more severe due to the flood of foreclosure properties coming on the market here over next few years. The American dream is going to turn to the nightmare here soon for many. :(

4. Snakeophelia says:

“Nuts. When I bought my house in 1999 I got half the house I could afford. The mortgage guy kept telling me I could “afford” a house twice as expensive — and that was without my wife’s income figured into the pot.”

Same here, although my mortgage guy wasn’t pushy. I found him through the agency that sold my house after I had told my realtor my price range, so they both knew I was trying to keep the costs down. I didn’t factor in my then-fiance now-husband’s income at all – I wanted our first house to be one that we could stay in even if he lost his job.

Of course, now that we live in this neighborhood where no house costs more than $100,000, I notice a lot of my neighbors driving cars that cost $30K and up. So I’m guessing we’re going to be in shape to move out of here sooner than they are!

5. dwarf74 says:

Crap. I really hope I’m not involuntarily switched to Comcast…

6. synergy says:

How exactly do you have to be down to one meal when you make $2800/mo? That should be good for feeding too. That is, if you’re not living outside your means…