Coming Soon: Wrinkle-Reducing Coke

Coke and L’Or

al (yes, that L’Or

al) are partnering to offer a new “beauty drink,” that will be sold at venues such as Saks Fifth Avenue. From BrandWeek:

Currently called Luma

, the nutraceutical drink was trademarked as a tea-based ready-to-drink beverage by Coca-Cola’s Beverage Partners Worldwide division. The drink, which is still in the early stages of development, is expected to contain ingredients that will help women care for their skin, per a source.

Luma

is expected to target active, influential, image-conscious women over the age of 25 who embrace health and wellness. Coke is interested in marketing and distributing Luma

like a beauty brand instead of a soft drink. Early plans call for distribution in Saks Fifth Avenue (instead of Coke’s usual venues, like 7-Eleven).

Tea-based nutraceutical? Have we chopped off the head of Enviga only to have Luma

‘s grow back? Either way, we don’t need to buy our tea-based drinks at Saks.—MEGHANN MARCO

Coke And L’Oreal Partner On New Health Beverage [BrandWeek]
(Photo: Welvis Tarn)

Comments

1. acambras says:

LOL — it would probably end up being the only thing that I could afford at Sak’s, if I ever shopped there.

2. Aeroracere says:

who the hell came up with ‘nutraceutical’? I understand it’s probably perfectly proper from the latin standpoint, but jeebus, they need some new words…

3. royal72 says:

just drink a crap load coke instead, you’ll be bloated and fat. see no more wrinkles!*

*wrinkles and rolls are not the same. for rolls we recommend drinking our dietary water called “roll-off-of-me”.

4. Aston14 says:

A drink that helps skin? I would like some independent scientific analysis before I would make a claim like that. Remember that whole “negative calorie” enviga campaign? The drink had calories, but it had caffeine, so they “evened out”.

5. TinaB says:

There’s going to be a huge rush of women in Sak’s thinking they’re now selling cocaine, only to find out it’s a shitty beverage.

6. Iwanted2Banon says:

‘Specially formulated hydrosucrocaine with microdermabrasion reduces the appearance of wrinkles – and tastes great!’

“An excellent opportunity for Coke to charge premium prices for an authentic, traditional beverage. Lumaé is poised to generate even higher profits than selling tap water,” said the smug Brit after the company’s Repackaged Tap Water division was driven away in tears.

7. KP1973 says:

And lets not forget that Nestle (the food-conglomerate-producer-of-all-things-crap) own about a third of L’Oreal…..and are the co-creators of Enviga. Chances are its the exact same product in a prettier package and a higher margin….

8. Scazza says:

I bet it works as good as that EGCG shit that was proven to be completely fake not too long ago.

9. Citron says:

You know what’s good for your skin? Water. Seriously. It’s awesome.

10. kerry says:

@Aston14: There is a drink that’s great for your skin. It’s called “water.”
    Also, EGCG isn’t a hoax, but the supplements were.

11. Anonymous says:

@Aeroracere: You wanna see some applicable Latin for this product?

Vanitas Vanitatem.

12. superlayne says:

I have a hobby in soda.
    Way back when your great grandparents were merely fertilized eggs, soda was considered medicine. The soft drink companies have been trying to get that feeling back into the market ever since we realized that with all the added sugar and new modern day conveniences, we were eating more and doing less, getting fatter by the minute….

Remember the article about Diet Coke Plus?

It’s aaaalllll another grab at their old home turf.

Like the Jewish returning to Israel.

13. Dustbunny says:

They need to come up with a better name than Lumaé — how do you even pronounce that? Loo-may? Loo-mah-eh? I guess they were going for a French-sounding word. I suggest “eau de la merde”.

14. I kinda like the name ‘Peau’ myself. Or ‘P’eau’ maybe? Just because it sounds like ‘po’.

15. Ooh, or ‘L’eau de peau’.

16. Dustbunny says:

@Bon Jour, Pee Wee:

“l’eau de peau for your po’s” !(pores)

Ok, I’ll stop now.

17. kerry says:

@Dustbunny: I mean to post this earlier, but got distracted. I think Creme de la Merde is much better.

18. QuirkyRachel says:

I love it. It’s soda, but now they can charge as much as Starbucks does for coffee.

“Like the Jewish returning to Israel.”
    That analogy doesn’t really make sense considering they never left completely anyway…

19. ursonate says:

Hah, they must be influenced by the success of Borba which I freely admit to drinking. I don’t know if it actually does anything for my skin, but it makes me drink more water so that in itself is a good thing.