Morning Deals

Wal-Mart: Free sample of Naturals Purina Cat Food

Staples: Webroot SpySweeper /w AntiVirus for Free After Rebate and membership signup

Newegg: Logitech VX Revolution for $34.99 Shipped After Rebate

Highlights From Dealhack

MacMall: Save on Your Choice of Four Olevia LCD HDTVs from 27 to 42 inches
Smart Bargains: Save an Extra 20% off Steve Madden Shoes
Buy.com: Fantom USB 2.0 External Drives: MegaDisk 1TB $300 & 500GB $130

Highlights From Bargainist

DrugStore.com: Get 20% off Method products
Kate Spade: Sale savings up to 50% off
Amazon.com: Kitchen & Home One-Day Sale up to 70% off

Comments

1. homerjay says:

Free cat food samples huh? I guess its cheaper than shipping back all that recalled food.

2. Ben Popken says:

I did a double-take too when I saw it. But it’s for dry cat food.

3. mopar_man says:

Even free stuff won’t get me into a Wal-Mart.

4. Ben Popken says:

It’s online so you don’t even have to go inside.

5. Scazza says:

Ben is on the balls with the counter-attack comments. Still, I have used Medi-cal for years, and now this recent scare kinda nails it that I made a decent choice.

6. homerjay says:

@Ben Popken: Aren’t you on vacation??? Go on! Get out of here, ya crazy kid!

7. Jordan Running says:

I have the 37″ Olevia LCD TV MacHall is advertising. I got it for about $800 back in January. It’s a fine TV, but there’s one big caveat (that I luckily figured out before ordering): None of those models have ANY built-in tuner. I’m talking about a tuner for regular, standard definition cable TV, not HDTV (though it doesn’t have a tuner for that, either). There’s not even a place to plug a coax cable in the back. That means in order to watch any TV on it, you’ll need a cable box that has composite, component, S-Video, or HDMI connectors on the back. If you have digital cable or satellite, your set-top box is probably already equipped, but you should double-check anyway.

It’s also a pretty no-frills TV. There’s only one of each kind of input on the back (and none on the front or side), the on-screen menu system is ugly and not a marvel of interface design, and its aspect modes leave something to be desired. But the picture and sound are good and if you don’t need a lot of frills like me, the price is right.