Good Things We Found In The Quiznos Manual

We’ve been harshing on the Quiznos manual in our possession, but there’s actually some good stuff in there about customer service.

Things like, if there’s a customers dispute with a lack of evidence, decide in favor of the customer, always be polite, and make sure your workers completely cover all their open sores…

Click to enlarge.

Try to please the customer. When in doubt and in a dispute, decide in favor of the customer. Looks good.

Make stores accountable to customer complaint line and establish metrics. Highly advisable.

Ah yes, the “Golden Rule” of fast food. Hear hear.

Cleanliness is next to godliness. And God doesn’t have any open sores. — BEN POPKEN

PREVIOUSLY:
Did Quiznos Even Read Book Included In Their Training Kit?
Quiznos Manual: An Answer For Everything
Quiznos Manual: Natural Disasters Are Good PR Opps

Comments

1. adamondi says:

Actually, I have seen almost all of these rules very closely followed at all of the Quiznos locations I have ever patronized. Unlike some other fast food places, where some scary, dirty-looking people were lurking behind the counter….

2. Scazza says:

Yeah, personally I have never had a problem with quiznos, they are the shining bastion that I wish other fast food places would follow.
    Now, if only their Carbonara Chicken sub didn’t put on 10lbs each time you take a bite….

3. homerjay says:

“if there’s a customers dispute with a lack of evidence, decide in favor of the customer, always be polite, and make sure your workers completely cover all their open sores…”

Am I the only one that initially read that as one rule?

Thats one crazy rule….

4. Kornkob says:

I’m glad that Ben has elected to be even handed about this. I half expected him to ignore anything good in the documents in his search to find some damning evidence.

Kudos.

5. Hoss says:

I’d change the family test — to “if a franchise owner would not personally eat an item…”. But I realize many others don’t want to harm their families…

And the part about teams bathing regularly… Sounds a bit too intimate

6. Dr. Eirik says:

@Hossofcourse: Yeah, I had a roommate once that had no problem drinking spoiled milk himself, but if he had friends or family staying over he’d make sure things were fresh.

My wife is the same way. If she burns food, she takes that one to eat it and will remake it for me, even if I tell her not to bother.

I think that Quiznos hits it on the head there.

7. John Stracke says:

Cleanliness is next to godliness. And God doesn’t have any open sores.

Do stigmata count?

8. joey_bones says:

Back in the day, I worked at Qdoba, who used to something else entirely (I forget what) and they got several people sick and a child died.

Nowadays, before your shift, they make you wash your hands and arms until you have open sores. Those people could perform surgery for christsakes.

9. Youthier says:

This would be why the counter service chain I worked at went out of business – my boss insisted you come into work unless you found a replacement for your shift. I once worked with a 101 degree fever and another employee was throwing up inthe back between preparing menu items (she did wash her hands though).

And all of the Quiznos I have been to have been clean places to eat. But just damn expensive.

10. shopout says:

I stay away from the Quiznos near me because the dirty scary guys behind the counter have settled in there.

When it first opened, the owners were always there. I do not know it they sold it, or if they merely discovered absentee management. Whichever the case, thanks but no thanks.