JetBlue Getting Ass Kicked By Weather Today

A Winter Weather advisory seems to be kicking JetBlue’s ass, still reeling from last month’s flight cancellation debacle.

Many flights are delayed or canceled, and if you call in to check or change your flight, a recording tells you they’re experiencing really high call volume, check the website, and then hangs up.

When passengers try to check their flight through Jetblue.com, the page says “server too busy.”

We advise customers trying to check their flight to try a free online service like FlightAware.

JetBlue, didn’t you pledge to get your act together? The weather may be an “uncontrollable irregularity” but your inability to staff your phone lines isn’t. — BEN POPKEN

Northeast Winter Weather Advisory [JetBlue]

Reader Sabin writes:

“I’m flying jetblue today and haven’t been able to get flight info through the normal channels. I ended up getting info by using the complaint form.

I provided my confirmation # and someone got back to me within 1/2 an hour with updated flight information.”

Comments

1. timmus says:

JetBlue must be on a cheap hosted plan at Dreamhost. Come on, guys! A rack server will only run ya $50 a month.

2. navsp says:

I ran into this problem today! I was able to find out my flight information by filling out JetBlue’s complaint form:

Someone got back to me within 1/2 an hour with updated flight information.

3. kapitaliste says:

After waiting on hold for about 7 minutes, I got a rep on the line who was able to change my flight to a new one with minimal problems, even allowing me to make multiple changes (I had to rejigger a bunch of plans, so changed my mind a bunch). Even though the server’s busy, their customer service was good to me. Just another POV.

4. FLConsumer says:

“Uncontrollable Irregularity”??? Shouldn’t you be seeing a doctor for a problem such as that?

5. facted says:

Just a question, but is consumerist funded by the Legacy Carriers of America? I love consumerist, but 3 JetBlue is “getting rocked” posts is a little much. Not to mention that the other posts don’t contain accurate information (such as the # of flights canceled by each carrier).