Worst Company In America 2007: Final Deathmatch

RIAA and Halliburton advance to the final round for a fight to the death. Who will emerge “Worst Company in America 2007?” Only one can survive! It will probably be the RIAA!

Relive the magic by checking out the preceding posts in this series.

Comments

1. Kornkob says:

Yeah– unfortunately the RIAA will probably win for 2 reasons: it had an easy schedule and they represent an issue that is much more ‘near and dear’ to the intarwebnet’s heart than the murderous theivery that Halliburton does.

2. Aside from the fact that Haliburton has technically left the country, this is a no contest… Halliburton is the devil incarnate. While the RIAA can be troublesome, there’s simply no comparison.

3. Logan26 says:

Go RIAA! Haliburton has nothing on them as far as evilness.

4. B says:

Haliburton is still incorporated in Delaware, they just relocated their headquarters.

5. Falconfire says:

the RIAA DID sue a paralized man though…

Ok Ok Haliburtons going to win. Last I heard, the RIAA doesnt sent troops to their death defending their assets in a war created to make them and their shareholders more money.

6. Wally East says:

Has RIAA ever employed Dick Cheney? No? Well, they can’t be all THAT evil.

7. Pelagius says:

We made it this far without a ‘nazi’ reference? I’m impressed! My money’s on the RIAA.

8. El_Guapo says:

Can it be a tie? I despise them both so equally, I resent being forced to chose!

9. winnabago says:

Yes, Halliburton is pretty evil, but not in that consumerist way. If this were a competition for overall debauchery, then I would swing my vote that way, but as a consumer, the music industry is a direct threat to me, daily. RIAA will take this one, get the trophy ready!

10. chimmike says:

I can’t fathom how Halliburton beat Wal-Mart. Halliburton doesn’t underpay, overwork, and screw it’s employees, and it doesn’t sell nazi t-shirts.

Halliburton actually brings in a good bit of economical gains to the US economy……while Wal-Mart is almost an exclusive vendor for chinese goods.

My vote goes to RIAA (are they even a company or just a pathetic rich organization?)

11. chimmike says:

@Kornkob:

Okay…..now voting for Halliburton simply because you’re a liberal or democrat isn’t exactly a fair vote.

12. John Stracke says:

@B:

Not even that. They’re setting up a second HQ, and sending their CEO there; but they’re keeping their current HQ in Texas.

…obviously, they’re using a different definition of “headquarters” than the rest of us do.

13. Rajio says:

@winnabago: you’ve convinced me. good argument.

14. zibby says:

Ben and Jerry’s will kill more than these two combined.

15. Kornkob says:

@chimmike: I’m neither. I’m just not fond of Halliburton and their mercenaries.

16. kcskater says:

@John Stracke: Yeah, the oil division portion. They’re not moving the company, just one division. Everybody likes to focus on the Cheney thing when they talk about Halliburton. Read the wikipedia page and factual reporting before making wild emotional claims. Besides, how on earth does Halliburton affect the average consumer?

17. mantari says:

I can’t seem to figure out if the RIAA is a corporation or an organization. But it is a trade association. Is it really correct to put them into a competition between companies?

Are we sure that they meet the definition of company? If not, they should be disqualified.

18. no.no.notorious says:

riaa will win because people love stealing music.

19. Bassam says:

RIAA for trying to kill internet radio with exorbitant internet radio copyright fees.

20. royal72 says:

helliburton should certainly win this competition for being a globally evil company. however, the riaa has more of a direct effect and so will most likely win.

21. I might have missed your sarcasm no.no.notorious but I still havent figured out how a person can ‘steal’ music. Again, this is why my vote is for the RIAA. Somehow they have managed to convince the world that it is actually possible to steal an intangible idea or concept. On top of that, they have convinced the public that such ‘stealing’ is in the same league as stealing a car.

You wouldnt steal a car would you?

You wouldnt steal a hand bag.

You wouldnt steal a cd. (which by the way carries disproportionately smaller punitive damages)

I just dont get the leap in logic from stealing a cd and listening to a copy of something. If I used my own resources to make a replica of that little old lady’s handbag would she accuse me of stealing it if she still had the original? Maybe I am logically impaired or something.

Sony, EMI, Warner, ect. may not be sending people out to fight their war for them yet… oh wait, they already have. Just because people have not died for their cause yet doesnt make them less evil.

22. SexCpotatoes says:

@chimmike: Halliburton rapes taxpayers. No bid contracts and grossly overcharging = no body armor for troops = dead sons and fathers. They both deserve to be on the front lines as human shields.