Fired Walmart Spy Says He Felt Pressured To Find The Information Leak

The employee fired after the FBI started investigating Walmart’s alleged monitoring of the emails and txt messages of a New York TImes reporter says he felt pressured to plug Walmart’s information leak:

“Our job was to plug any information hole,” Gabbard, a systems technician, said in the Journal. “That was the primary reason for our team to be there.”

Both Gabbard and his boss were fired. —MEGHANN MARCO

Fired Wal-Mart worker says he felt pressured: report [Reuters]
(Photo: Teknorat)

Comments

1. ConsumptionJunkie says:

Oh, my!

Someone better call that Edelman DOUCHE-BAG, Mike Krempasky.

2. mad_oak says:

WHAT BULLSHIT!!! They fire the technician and his supervisor!!! Thats like prosecuting Lt. Colonel Ollie North for the Iran-Contra affair. Lt Colonels might be able to wipe their ass without orders… but they don’t start trading arms for hostages without orders from generals with a couple of stars. Same with this technician, no F’ing way his ‘intercepts’ weren’t ordered by and being read by the board of directors…

3. healthdog says:

I believe that the tech may have been pressured, but he still did something that he should not have touched with a ten foot pole. I would have refused the assignment. Ollie North and Scooter Libby are no less guilty because higher-ups are also guilty.

4. mad_oak says:

@healthdog: Climb down from your high horse before you fall off. Its not your ass and your job on the line.

5. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

Wal-Mart has spies now?

I’ll remember that when I realize I’m being tailed by a monster truck.

6. healthdog says:

I like my high horse. I’ve been fired for refusing to screw over a customer, and I sleep really well at night.

7. jgodsey says:

are we still believing the line that they weren’t told to do this?