We Have A Quiznos University Training Kit

Hurrah, our Quiznos University Training Kit arrived. Reader Chris H. found the box abandoned in the office where he works and after Quiznos shut down his eBay auction, he thought we could have some fun with it.

How could we not? It’s got manuals, laminated posters, videos, buttons, a stopwatch, and more! (Click pic to enlarge).

Now all we need to do is pay a $25,000 licensing fee, hire some staff, buy all our supplies from company mandated vendors, and we’re on our way to the American Dream on a toasted bun.

We’ll be going through the materials and seeing if there’s anything interesting or noteworthy, like if even the managers have access to Quiznos super-secret nutritional info.

Let’s hope we don’t shoot ourselves in the chest three times like Bhupinder Baber, who claimed in his suicide note that owning a a Quiznos franchise ruined his life.

We particularly enjoy that Quiznos included the book, “The E Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What To Do About It.” — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. faust1200 says:

How do you shoot yourself in the chest *3 times*?

2. Morton Fox says:

Is that McDonald’s book part of the training kit too?

3. Kornkob says:

@faust1200: by not doing it right the first time— while compromising the chest cavity is a serious gunshot wound it is not always instantly fatal. Never mind that the ‘chest’ is often used to describe the entire torso from the bottom of the rib cage to the top of the shoulders. Using that definition there is a lot of shoulder area where a small caliber round would do massive damage, but nothing fatal in the near term.

Or use a fully automatic weapon.

4. Those are some amazing stats from Bhupinder’s news report. Wow.

5. acambras says:

Hmmm. I wonder if Quizno’s University has a Ph.D. program.

6. Designersheets says:

I hate hot lettuce.

7. Falconfire says:

@faust1200: Easy, by not dying. My fiancee’s sisters boyfriend’s father STABBED himself twice in the heart…. Took him hours to die.

People who have reached that point where its not a cry for help dont feel the pain when they do it, they just do it.

8. Ben Popken says:

@Morton Fox: Yes.

9. drkkgt says:

I have been reading the E-myth (okay, really listening to the unabridged audio) this past week but I am NOT going to be opening a quiznos. The book is pretty good, although I wish he would get off the damn pies.

10. Namrepus says:

Given that they charge as much as $20 for a sandwich, bag of chips, and a large coke. I’m not suprised they fail. The Quiznos here at the college town I live at is barely doing business. I’ve never seen the place packed, even during lunch hours.

However, the Subway down the block which lists it’s hours as 10 am – 2 am has been doing phenominal business for years because of their price as well as their hours.

11. Don Roberto says:

Designersheets: Is it true that quiznos heats their lettuce? If so, then THANK YOU! I now know exactly why I like subway better than quiznos. There was always some weird texture, taste, or sogginess about quiznos sandwiches that I just couldn’t identify that made me gag. It’s the hot soggy lettuce! Subway toasts their subs BEFORE adding the veggies.

12. Schminteresting says:

After reading that suicide note article, I feel for anyone who gets involved with a Quizno’s franchise. Sounds like nothing but a fast lane to bankruptcy.

I wonder how much independent research these franchisees did before signing on the dotted line.

13. Uurp says:

They don’t heat the lettuce at the Quizno’s here. But the prices could be lower…

14. Now that Subway grills their sandwiches too, do they heat the lettuce as well?

15. comedian says:

Subway doesn’t grill its sandwiches nor does it really toast them.

It’s heating process is more of a rapid dessication — a stale aging process that ruins fresh bread by drying it out. (Based on the one time I sheepishly said OK when it was offered.)

That said, the aging is typically done before veggies are added to the sandwich.

Subway “toasted” sandwiches — Just Say No.

16. raitchison says:

@Namrepus, you don’t even get a Coke for your $20 anymore, as Quiznos dumped Coke for the cheaper Pepsi a couple years ago. Yep nothing says quality like cheaping out on ingredients.

17. Firstborn Dragon says:

I duno round here I go out to a Quiznos with one other person, and we split a combo. Work out to around 4$ a person for a medium sub, pop, and chips.

Given neither of us can EAT a full medium sub it’s a great deal.

Oh, and they still have that lousy coke round here in the stores. I hate coke, given me pepsi any day.