Target to Open 15 New Stores

The following cities are getting a new Target store:

•Chambersburg, PA

We know how much ya’ll love Target.—MEGHANN MARCO

Target To Open 15 Stores
[BusinessWire]
(Photo: demedulce)

Comments

1. dohtem says:

Hey another one’s coming 10 mins away from me.

(There’s already one 2 mins away from me)

2. Dustbunny says:

Ohhh, Target – how do I love thee? Let me count the ways : )

3. Kornkob says:

They’ve already laid the groundwork and gotten the permits to build a third one off Verona Road in Madison Wi.

4. is this really news?

5. JShore says:

Down w/ Wal-Mart!

6. Thaddeus says:

New Cleveland Target – At I-90 and W. 117th Street… right off the highway.

Going in a huge new shopping complex…

The one in Westlake (10 min from Cleveland) will be moving a mile or two down the road to the old WestGate Mall site later on next year.

So Basically… if you’re traveling through north Ohio on I-90 and need to shop… well, there are three off of I-90, but the one in Cleveland will be new!

7. kimdog says:

Where the hell is my Manhattan Target? They’ve been taunting us for years. Remember the floating Target? There have been rumors about one landing across from Port Authority, but no confirmation.

8. Brian Gee says:

Quick! Someone do a Google Maps mash-up showing which old CompUSA buildings will be new Targets! and new Whatever Else!

9. Havok154 says:

Damn it, I was hoping one would open 3 minutes away at the new plaza that was going up. Guess not. I hate living 15-20 minutes from anything worth going to, especially after living 5 minutes from every major area for 20 years.

10. prodevel says:

Another is coming to Petaluma, CA (North SF Bay Area) as construction is in progress…

11. MaliBoo Radley says:

I will be thrilled when I learn that there is a Target opening here in London. I’ve really missed Target since I left the states :(

12. guroth says:

West Sacramento?

A measure was just passed a few months ago for a Target to open in Davis California. The location in Davis is a 5 minute freeway drive from West Sac.

Seems a bit silly if they are building both.

13. These are stores which are already built. Sigh. I wanted to know their new construction.

14. Triteon says:

This is a Consumerist issue…?
    Add Belleville, IL to that list, in the Target/Home Depot Plaza opening this fall. More glorious traffic pressure on our already-overtaxed roads!

15. Kishi says:

Meanwhile, we still don’t get one in town here, so we our only option, really, is the Wal-Mart. They’re getting enough business that they’re building a second one on the other end of town, but Target doesn’t want in?

16. slipnby says:

A Target will open in Front Royal, VA in July 07. Construction is maybe 3/4ths done. The nearest Walmart is around 18 miles from the new Target, and that Walmart is ugly.

17. jgodsey says:

yeah i’m getting one too that’s not on the list.
    they destroyed an apple orchard/farm – the oldest operating business in my 281 year old town – and they are putting in a Target and a parking lot.

18. mopar_man says:

I live in the UP of Michigan and there’s only one up here. It’s 2 hours away. Would be nice to get one in this town to go along with K-Mart and ShopKo.

19. Ben Popken says:

Don writes:

“Target might also be coming to Hawaii. This is a
    big deal when a major retailer comes to the islands because we lack
    competition. JCPenny left the islands a few years ago, which hurt us.”

20. march_or_die says:

Apparently the Davis, Ca. Target may not open because the people that own the land won’t sell. Still, it’s silly that they’re building a Target in West Sacramento when there are two Sacramento Targets about 5 minutes away. Does every single town need a Target now?

21. Also Washington, DC, and only 4 blocks from my house. Yay!

22. Asvetic says:

There’s also a new TARGET currently being built as part of a shopping complex called Silver Springs Crossings in Mechanicsburg, PA around the 6400 block of Carlisle Pike.

It looks like a huge complex. There’s also a few new restaurants (Chili’s and Longhorn Steakhouse) and the complex will feature a Bed Bath and Beyond, and a Ross’s. I don’t know what other stores, but it looks huge.

If you look on Google maps, there used to be a trailer park in that area and some sort of dirt track raceway, or at least that’s what it looked like.

23. darling57 says:

Theres going to be a Target coming to Huntsville Texas in Ravenwood Village

24. itsmelu says:

they are building a target here in ft smith, ar, but darn it is taking them forever!!! can’t wait for it to open here, wal-mart is all we have, yuk!