Free Starbucks Next Week

Starbucks across the country will be giving away a free 12 oz or “tall” cup of coffee next Thursday, March 15th, from 10am to noon.

It won’t come without a price. Expect long lines. Some people report using up their entire lunch break just waiting for their free coffee when Starbucks does one of these free national coffee break deals. — BEN POPKEN

[Fat Wallet via Justin Nachod's Blog]
(Photo: Ben Popken)

Comments

1. TedSez says:

A tall coffee costs just $1.40 to $1.65, depending on which Starbucks you buy it from. So if you wait in line more than an extra 20 minutes for a free one, you’ll be “earning” less than minimum wage.

2. kimsama says:

Uh…unless you’re salaried and you’re taking a break, then you’re still getting paid plus you’re getting a break from work, plus you’re getting free coffee. I don’t like Starbucks, but I like free and I like breaks, so that’s my plan. Besides, 20 minutes out of my office sounds just great (hmm…I hope it’ll be more like 30 minutes…)

3. mopar_man says:

You’ve gotta be shitting me. That makes as much sense as these people that line up at a gas station to save $0.10/gallon, running their car for 20 minutes while waiting.

4. Falconfire says:

wonder if this is in responce to McDonalds giving away a free coffee tomorrow.

5. hildeaux says:

i don’t know if i believe this. i work at starbucks and i haven’t heard a word about it. perhaps it’s just a resurrection of last summer’s free iced coffee coupon debacle.

6. GiantPanda says:

no, it’s real.

7. hackajar says:

This is for the “daily drip” coffee, not the fancy stuff. Not worth waiting in line for, but tastes a little better (very little) then Deny’s cofee, but not better then 7-11 IMHO

8. IC18 says:

Glad I dont drink coffee, but I will still use that excuse to take a long relaxing break away from work.

9. teevoz says:

Do yourself a favor: spring for the extra few bucks and get a latte. At least it won’t be burnt… I mean, “super-roasted”.

10. teevoz says:

I’d day, do yourself a favor and skip the free Starbucks drip – go for a few bucks and get a latte. At least those aren’t burnt … I mean, “super-roasted”.

11. graphikartistry says:

Best coffee in the world I promise, ready:

Solo, Grande, ORGANIC, Vanilla, Misto = $3.40

Try it you’ll see – although it isn’t for you drip coffee purest. Obviously!

12. bambino says:

what is ‘solo’ and ‘organic’? i’ve never heard those in starbonics

13. alicetheowl says:

Waiting in line for a burnt-tasting mouthful of pretentious swill? Where can I sign up?

14. con40dmitri says:

yea not worth the 20 minute wait, for a dollar or two. Go to dunkin’ donuts where it’s cheaper and more quality (not the fancier stuff obviosly.)

15. rkmelissa says:

This is completely true – I worked near a starbucks and all the employees would head down there for the free cup of bitter – sludge!

I would prefer to drink my fair trade, organic, home-brewed cup of joy!

16. nighthwk1 says:

A Misto at SBUX is half coffee, half milk. “Solo” doesn’t even make sense here, unless you mean to add a shot of espresso.

The organic milk that they use is pretty good, but I think it’s an acquired taste, like all UHT milk.

To the “burnt-tasting” crowd: Order a specific coffee (the mild one of the week), otherwise you get the default dark roast.

— former employee