Verizon Parks In Front Of Fire Hydrants

We snapped a picture of these Verizon techs parked in front of a fire hydrant while they get their grub on at a Brooklyn corner diner today. Naughty. They were probably just addled in the brain from the toxic benzene plume which is most certainly not emanating from their depot down the street. — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. faust1200 says:

Slow news-day?

2. Maulleigh says:

Verizon techs have larger testicles than the average man.

3. Stepehn Colbert says:

I hear Verizon eats babies too.

4. mgough says:

I heard from a friend, who heard from their uncle in Phoenix, that Verizon employees jay walk all the time.

5. Baz says:

You mean that vehicles from companies with huge fleets (FedEx, UPS, Verizon) park in front of NYC hydrants? Even though the drivers themselves aren’t liable for any parking tickets? And despite the fact that said companies with large fleets all have massive settlement arrangements with the city for parking tickets where they pay a huge lump sum each year that basically covers any/all parking tickets?

Crazy…

6. mendel says:

I heard UPS sometimes double-parks.

7. NeoteriX says:

Verizon ate my baby, and then fell asleep on my couch.

8. droppedD says:

In other news, Comcast technician spotted jaywalking! Local road crew takes overly long coffee break!

come on. If i took a photo every time a telco truck double-parked, went over the double yellow line to get around someone making a turn, or performed any sort of noncriminal traffic violation…. well, i’d need a few rolls of film for my morning commute, at the very least.

9. I guess everybody else has pretty much covered it.

Driving a cab I parked pretty much wherever I wanted, including the sidewalk. I wouldnt care if somebody called me out for it and shamed me on the internetz.

Other than that you guys still have an outstanding ratio of good : bad

10. madktdisease says:

They also park in front of my driveway. A “You need to move now, I have to go to work” drives them away.

11. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

Wow, somebody in Brooklyn parking in front of a hydrant…I’m sure this is the first time that has ever happend. Not very creative, though..at least the guy could have done is put a trash barrel over it like they do in Boston. (Plus, if you put your 4-way flashers on, that’s good for at least a half an hour of free parking even if cop sees you).

12. swalve says:

Odd priorities here… parking in front of a hydrant is a public safety issue, and they are lucky something bad didn’t happen. Ever seen a car with a firehose installed through it?

13. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

@swalve: I’ve been told that the fire department will do that if they need to. One whack with the fire-axe through the driver’s window, one through the passenger’s window. If you park in front of a hydrant, it serves you right.

14. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:
  15. Havok154 says:

I used to know someone who was a Verizon repairman. He said they would get tickets for their parking all the time. Most of it was because they needed to just to fix the problem. Either way, what they do is just settle at the end of the year with the PD. They give them less then what they owe, but enough to make the PD happy.