Sorry, Chase Does Not Accept $50,000 Checks From God

We know Jesus loves you, but we’re not ready to believe that he’d send a $50,000 check. A 21-year-old man from Gary, Indiana was caught trying to cash a $50,000 check signed “King Savior, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Servant.” From NWItimes:

Police were called to Chase Bank, 1800 E. 80th, about 4 p.m. after Russell tried to cash the check, which was written on an invalid Bank One check with no imprint, White said. Russell had several other checks with him that were signed the same way but made out in different dollar amounts, including one for $100,000.

Who knew that the Lord and Savior had to worry about ID theft?—MEGHANN MARCO

In God he trusts, but police don’t buy it [NWItimes]
(Photo:Maulleigh)

Comments

1. Grrrrrrr, now with two buns made of bacon. says:

Oh come on, God is good for it.

2. God has money and credit?

3. r81984 says:

If you believe in God how can you call this guy a liar? God works in mysterious way, right? So is it crazy to think God would give you a check?

Also, Gary a garbage town, I live like 20 minutes from it. This crap goes on all the time in the banking and retail industry in the area. I would not be suprised if he also tried to pay with those checks at walmart, walgreens, and anywhere else that take checks.

4. royal72 says:

come on, you know you want to believe him!i guess he could have at least wrote in:
    Jesus H. Christ
    1 Holy Ghost Lane, Apt. 7
    Heaven, IN 46117

5. shoegazer says:

Heaven is in Indiana? I would never have guessed.

6. Maulleigh says:

After a couple of God’s checks bounced back in the 80s, I now only take cash from him. Or manna.

7. Sudonum says:

People have been stealing God’s identity for centuries. If he had signed the checks “Pat Robertson” I’m sure they would have been just as valid.

8. Trai_Dep says:

I recall a signed note from God that I passed to a smug, unctious (but still hawt!) middle-school girl (one of the True-Love-Waits type) that said it was okay if she flashed the class her tits.

…unfortunately, her ID-theft security measures were equal to Chase Banks. Sigh.

She did bare her midriff, though. So I guess she wasn’t as unctious as I thought.

9. Trai_Dep says:

Indiana? GOD?! Clearly The Beast pulling a fast one.

EVERYONE knows God lives in California. Or Florida (during off-election years).

10. “Heaven is in Indiana?”

Indeed. And Hell is in Michigan.

11. nlatimer says:

Of course God has to worry about identity theft, everyone knows his social securitiy number, 000-00-0001.