We Post Sprint Supervisor's Direct Line, She Changes It, Leaving Message Blaming Us

Looks like after we posted the direct line for Sprint Retention Department Supervisor, Judy Rathcliffe, she became a little too popular. That number now plays a recorded message from Judy saying that she’s changed her number…

“…in regards to my personal work number being published on a website, consumerist.com, in regards to customers calling me personally in regards to their contact with Sprint…”

In the message, Judy advises customers to call Sprint’s main line at 877-812-1223 and wait their turn for incompetent service just like anybody else.

We almost feel bad. Then we remember how evil retention department people are, how skilled in mental manipulation irregardless of the facts… and then it feels good. — BEN POPKEN

Comments

1. dohtem says:

awww… c’mon Judy, we were just kidding. We’ll play nice next time.

2. Amy Alkon says:

Hilarious. I love you guys.

3. BareFeet says:

in regards to this lady’s dire need of a thesaurus…yeah. out of 27 words, 9 are “in regards to.” that’s, like, 33%. wow.

4. homerjay says:

Oh thats rich.
    I’ll bet she keeps her most EVIL eye on you daily after that!

5. spanky says:

In regards to that voicemail message in regards to the appropriate customer service contact information in regards to consumers attempting to reach you in regards to their customer service issues, you kind of sound like a dumbass in regards to saying ‘in regards to’ three times in one sentence.

6. SexCpotatoes says:

now what would be REALLY awesome, is if you had someone inside sprint updating every time her number changed, and reposting it here. That would rock.

7. lore says:

@SexCpotatoes: To this point, where’s our Sprint mole?

8. Yep says:

What exactly is a “personal work” number, anyway? If you’re at work, then you’re at work. Nothing personal about it.

9. hop says:

she sounds like a wonderful, arrogant piece of work……………….

10. sp3nc3 says:

I’m sure that customers would be more than happy to go through the proper channels if the proper channels provided results. But since, all too often, people with a legitimate problem or complaint will ask for a supervisor, only to get a response like, “I am the supervisor.”

11. AndyAndy719 says:

If you change your personal work number, you should change your personal work cell number too.

Her alternate telephone number is

(407)310-6596

Which, I may add, must be her cellphone, with the lame ring song, and her voicemail.

I gotta go back to personal work as well, I got a bunch of stuff stacked up on my personal work desk.

12. AndyAndy719 says:

If you change your personal work number, you must change your personal work cell number too.

(407)310-6596.

Now I have to return to work myself, I got a bunch of stuff piled on my personal work desk.

13. pmm says:

I have to echo the question uttered by previous posters:

“personal work number” ???????

14. AtomikB says:

You do a lot of good work, Popken, so I mean no disrespect when I nitpick your grammar…

It’s “regardless” [of the facts], meaning “without regard to the facts.” “Irregardless” would mean “not without regard” [to the facts], or “WITH regard” [to the facts]… Which isn’t, I assume, what you meant.

15. Atomik: Woah there buddy, you’re in the wrong there. Regardless and irregardless mean the same thing. Grammar Nazi’s will even tell you irregardless isn’t even a word, irregardless of the fact that it’s in the dictionary. :>

16. 44 in a Row says:

Also, “irregardless” is listed in the dictionary as “nonstandard”, which usually means that it’s not exactly correct usage, but everyone uses it that way anyway, and it’s not a fight the dictionary is going to win.

17. Mike_ says:

If you’re not willing to help people, forward your line to someone who is. Don’t record a voicemail announcement about how you can’t be bothered to serve your customers. That’s just plain stupid. (Although if she’s a Retention Supervisor, it speaks volumes about why Sprint sucks so much.)

I’ve been with Sprint for about 10 years (except for a 2-year stint with Nextel when I needed free incoming calls). I don’t talk to Customer Service very often, but it seems like every time I need something fixed, it’s an uphill battle. I truly dread having to deal with them.

Can’t wait for my contract to expire. Maybe I’ll get to give Judy a piece of my mind when I call to cancel my account.

18. I can see the designation of ‘personal number’. I am in a queue that can be reached by an 800 number, but my actual desk phone, has its own individual line.

19. LAGirl says:

“Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.”

from American Heritage Dictionary on dictionary.com.

so there!

20. matto says:

In regards to this arrogant douchebag changing her “personal work number” to avoid speaking to the customers she’s in charge of “retaining”: Yet another reason I’ll never become a Sprint customer.

In any sane company, she’d be fired.

21. matto says:

hmm. for some reason, she isnt’ answering her cellphone.

22. vuvy says:

I’ve been in Sprint PCS hell for several weeks now trying to straighten out incorrect contract start/end dates, and just when I gave up – feeling shammed, slammed and beaten by Sprint – I received a lovely Hallmark greeting card signed by The Sprint Team, “Thanks for letting us be a part of your day. Just taking a moment to let you know that we appreciate your business.”

23. MeOhMy says:

Bill Cosby taught me to say “disirregardless” to point out the silliness of irregardless.

24. hildeaux says:

irregardless?

please tell me you’re joking.

25. Yep says:

I believe it is only correct when used in the vernacular, shouted with a heavy South Boston accent, eg. “IRREGAAAAHDLESS!”

26. Bourque77 says:

In response to you worthless customers trying to actually get problems solved without dealing with csrs who couldnt manage a sandbox: leave me alone I’m busy. Yay sprint! I mean really with reading these types of stories about sprint I am shocked that the last quater of 06 they lost 306,000 customers. I mean what more can you ask of a company? Just pay them your monthly bill and shut up, dont bother them with your problems they caused just pay the bill.

27. madktdisease says:

Wow, what a stellar employee. She has what it takes to get the job done *rolls eyes*.

28. shoegazer says:

It’s “as regards” or “in regard to”, singular. “In regards to”, irregardless of popular usage, is ungrammatical. And that there’s alls I know.

29. chickymama says:

@Bon Jour, Pee Wee:
    I agree…I have a “personal” work number but I can give it out to anyone I want as part of my business is receiving incoming phone calls to resolve disputes. Not sure why she is complaining. That’s why voicemail was invented.

30. EBW says:

Irregardless is usually considered a conflation of ‘regardless’ and ‘irrespective’.

Also, there are lots of words in the dictionary that I wouldn’t use on my resume, such as ‘ain’t’. Being in a dictionary doesn’t make it standard usage, and being listed as ‘non-standard’ doesn’t make it inappropriate for informal communication.

31. silverlining says:

Not to beat a dead horse here, but if the service at the toll-free number was decent, Judy wouldn’t have to worry about her “personal work number” being such a hot commodity among customers hungry for resolution on their issues with Sprint.

Wow, am I glad I’m not a Sprint customer. :P